Win an ML Sound Lab Cab Pack!

I was surprised that the mesa cab was so versatile. I pulled up a Divided by 13. Turned the bass down to about 3, and the mids up to 6. Everything else was default. Used a bridge pickup in parallel mode. This is a song I just started contributing to today, and the bass will probably get modified a little to incorporate the chords I'm playing a little more. So, yeah, I know it doesn't all line up quite right yet. Patience, grasshopper.

I hope you enjoy.

Sure! I think "USA" has got a metal genre image but most people don't realize that many gigging professional musicians use them (especially the cabs) for just about every genre out there. They are simply some of the (if not the) best quality cabinets!

Keep the entries coming guys! :)

Finished my high gain entry, decided to get my Linkin Park on a few days ago and tried to copy the tone from their first album Hybrid Theory, which this is based on, got pretty close but not all there yet but I'm quite satisfied with the way it sounds now, the tone from Meteora(from which this song comes from) is a bit different, but it works for pretty much any song from their first two albums.

Let's just hope that there won't be a copyright claim on this recording :/

This is Cab Pack 13 btw :)

Last edited:
Finished my high gain entry, decided to get my Linkin Park on a few days ago and tried to copy the tone from their first album Hybrid Theory, which this is based on, got pretty close but not all there yet but I'm quite satisfied with the way it sounds now, the tone from Meteora(from which this song comes from) is a bit different, but it works for pretty much any song from their first two albums.

Let's just hope that there won't be a copyright claim on this recording :/

This is Cab Pack 13 btw :)

Sounds really nice man! Pretty close to the original also. I actually know an IR from Cab Pack 7 that has the Meteora curve. ;) They used a SM57-R121 mic-up IIRC.

Sounds really nice man! Pretty close to the original also. I actually know an IR from Cab Pack 7 that has the Meteora curve. ;) They used a SM57-R121 mic-up IIRC.

:O I've actually got Cab Pack 7 as well so might have to look through it then :)

EDIT: Looked through the SM57-R121 Alloys of Cab Pack 7, my favorites were number 03 and 07, is the Meteora curve in either of those? :p

I think I'm hearing similarities with the Meteora tone using Alloy number 07 :p

Last edited:
:O I've actually got Cab Pack 7 as well so might have to look through it then :)

EDIT: Looked through the SM57-R121 Alloys of Cab Pack 7, my favorites were number 03 and 07, is the Meteora curve in either of those? :p

I think I'm hearing similarities with the Meteora tone using Alloy number 07 :p

Hey man! I checked Cab Pack 7 out and found most similarities in SM57-R121 04. Also SM57-R121 11 was a bit like that. SM57-MD421 17 and 19 have some of that flavor too. :) Check those out!

Hi All...

this is a try of the BRIT 800 & ML Sure Pack : sure-pack-ml-try-purple-axe

https://soundcloud.com/nikk-18/sure-pack-ml-try-purple-axe

AMP / CAB / REVERB with no tweaks…just Qantum 1

No Drive, just the Guitar volume .)

Bass_Amp : SV BASS
Cab : Cab-Pack-11-ML-SV-Bass-4x10 / ML SV Bass Ace / ML SV Bass SM57 A1_XL.syx

Guitar : Amp BRIT800
Cab : Cab-Pack-16-ML-Sure / ML Sure 65 / ML Sure 65 Ace / ML Sure 65 E906-MD421 1.syx

Last edited by a moderator:
i was really amazed by this Brit800/Sure pack reactions, hope i will have more time, before the

end of your contest, to post a piece of music with this!...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I wanna play too . Got some tough acts to follow ! Very nice playing ! I wrote this riff / song idea but I can barley play it the same way twice. ha cant play my own riff.

Finally got around to get a clip together, revisited an old patch I had using the Matchbox D-30(Matchless DC-30) and switched to factory cab 59 (4x12 TV MIX C4), it resulted in some sort of pop punkish thingy, haven't been playing anything like this for almost 10 years and it just happened.
This was jammed together on the spot so excuse the sloppy playing :p

Hopefully going to get around to doing another one using a high gain amp later on :)

Wow, Sounds awesome

Hey I wanna play too . Got some tough acts to follow ! Very nice playing ! I wrote this riff / song idea but I can barley play it the same way twice. ha cant play my own riff.

Thank you for listening :)

really happy you enjoyed it...

Did this to test out Mikko's cab pack/preset bundle. Just some chug, but whatever...figured I'd chuck it up here too. You guys did some amazing clips!

Back
Top Bottom