• Within a couple months of it's release

Votes: 81 11.8%
  • Within the year

Votes: 118 17.3%
  • More then a year

Votes: 95 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was in the 6-8 month camp but I recently got off my butt and put up a bunch of gear for sale. Some of it's sold so I now have the coin to get an MFC-101 as well as an AFX2. While I don't feel the urgency that some do (especially since I still have my Ultra), I don't see much reason to wait when I've got the cash in hand and it's already "gear money". :p

Ok as I type this the 353 people want to buy the Axe II when it first becomes available. My question to Cliff or other Fractal staff will some of us be SOL on the first batch will their be enough out of the first batch? There is not a waiting list like in the past right? There is a mailing list for availability. Is it going to be like if your one of the lucky ones to check the site in the first hour or less to add to cart you get one? Should we be constantly worried about being fast enought to snag one? I never gased for something like this before.
Will the Supply meet the demand?

Anybody else get the feeling that ordering for the first batch probably won't be in a calm and organized manner? I picture throwing a bucket of chum into the middle of a hungry shark tank.

I am very impressed with a very high percentage of tones from Axe 2 - more so than Axe 1 judging from demos.

The clean and low to medium gain tones and the dynamics and tone nuances appear to be very impressive by ANY standards ( including best tube amps, and the best tube amps with best mics etc.) so it's definitely getting to me the more I hear.

IF the tones from Axe 2 are superior to tones I can get from good Guitar Tube Preamps into Cab Impulses Then I may well take the plunge especially in 2012 when I anticipate a lot of recording.....and I have to be making money recording to justify the 2 grand-just my little rule.

Last edited:
Anybody else get the feeling that ordering for the first batch probably won't be in a calm and organized manner? I picture throwing a bucket of chum into the middle of a hungry shark tank.
You were dead on on that one, and that's why I'm switching my vote from 1-2 weeks to November.

Since I use my Ultra in 4cm without any of the amp modeling. I don't see too many improvements in the axe II that are practical for me at this point. Some better connections maybe as far as balanced and unbalanced 1/4 outputs but mine is working fine 4cm without any noise. Plus it took me from October '10 to March '11 before I had my ultra ready for gigging. I don't want to spend the time tweaking a new axe at this point. "If it ain't broke dont fix it" is the motto I'm going with for now.

Love my Ultra and I'm sure someday I will update to a newer fractal product just don't see the need for the AXE II with my needs. I would however be very very interested in a separate axe FX "effects" only version someday. Just an Idea. However, having the amps there is always a nice backup though too :) Might even consider buying another Ultra since their value has now come down :)

Every time I read the notice on the Yahoo store that it is not available until June 6th refrain from contacting us until then, it becomes less likely. I play because I enjoy it, and this nonsense is becoming a waste of time and a distraction.
Not to mention annoying. I'm sure its a great product. Have fun!

If the people who get an Axe 2 don't immediately flip it on eBay for $500+ profit, they're crazy. I'm even willing to bet there's a small international market that will pay 2100 Euros for an Axe 2, without warranty, shipped. That's $1,000 profit.

If the people who get an Axe 2 don't immediately flip it on eBay for $500+ profit, they're crazy. I'm even willing to bet there's a small international market that will pay 2100 Euros for an Axe 2, without warranty, shipped. That's $1,000 profit.

I recieved my Axe Fx II yesterday and I had given a little thought to doing that (flipping it on Ebay). But, after playing it the sound is simply unreal!!!! The internet sound clips do not do it justice and it make my Mesa TriAxis sound like something from the stone age. I do not need the money and I would sell one of my PRS's or Gibson Les Paul's prior to sell the Axe Fx II. It has been a long time since I have been this impressed with any product because it is really that good!

My suggestion to everyone is to hang in there and keep trying to purchase one because this is a must have piece of gear!

Cheers,
Alan

I recieved my Axe Fx II yesterday and I had given a little thought to doing that (flipping it on Ebay). But, after playing it the sound is simply unreal!!!! The internet sound clips do not do it justice and it make my Mesa TriAxis sound like something from the stone age. I do not need the money and I would sell one of my PRS's or Gibson Les Paul's prior to sell the Axe Fx II. It has been a long time since I have been this impressed with any product because it is really that good!

My suggestion to everyone is to hang in there and keep trying to purchase one because this is a must have piece of gear!

Cheers,
Alan

I don't think people are questioning that it is likely a good product.

They won't let you buy one.

Odd business model.

"Please buy our AXE FX II."
"Ok, please, please take my $2200."
"No, and quit bugging us."

I recieved my Axe Fx II yesterday and I had given a little thought to doing that (flipping it on Ebay). But, after playing it the sound is simply unreal!!!! The internet sound clips do not do it justice and it make my Mesa TriAxis sound like something from the stone age.

So I'm curious how people are getting these. I signed up to be notified by email when they were available. Are these showing up intermittently at Fractal Audio Systems (Yahoo store) page and I'm just not being lucky enough to get one or are people getting them via other channels?

I checked my spam filter and although my "funds have been released", I've got two final notifications from the "national lottery", one urgent message from the US Ambassador to Nigeria, and any number of pharmacy-related ads, there are no "We Are Now Taking AxeFX II Orders" emails to be found. :roll

Back
Top Bottom