• Within a couple months of it's release

Votes: 81 11.8%
  • Within the year

Votes: 118 17.3%
  • More then a year

Votes: 95 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Define support. There has been no indication that they will not be supported if it fails. Cliff has already stated that he is reserving what little memory is left for future amp models. That indicates that there will be future updates. Which I don't include in support. He also stated there are no known bugs.

I just bought the Ultra and Im so happy with it. A real Fender pre-CBS is more adequate to me right now, even that it will cost me my pants, my girlfriend and probably my car. *lol*
The Ultra is still an outstanding product, and if an upgrade is motivated - yeah, time really have to tell. Its a pity though, that it can't be tested due to the lack of stores
imorting them in Sweden......

//Staffay

I love my Ultra and my only concern relates to Fractal continuing to support those of us that cannot or will not go and upgrade to Axe FX II. Consider the plummet in value such a thing as this may do if everyone on here did just that. I just bought it 5 months ago.

I welcome Tom King or Cliff Chase commenting here officially about the continuing support we all expect. By the way the number of Ultra's on Ebay is staggering

Not really sure where you're coming from with this. First of all, define staggering. I think I see like 30 of them on eBay, hardly staggering in my mind. I also don't think the resale Ultra will plummet, as it still has a lot of intrinsic value. Sure, it's not going to hold it's original retail value like it used to, but it was only due to dearth lack of supply that the product was ever able to hold its value so well in the first place. Just think of it as driving the new car off the lot, and now you're out of your 3-day buyer's remorse period. You're still going to have a great product and have warranty/repair support, but I wouldn't expect any more advances on that platform. However, with that said, Cliff did throw us all a last (or nearly last) bone with the V11 firmware.

I, for one, have zero worries or regrets, regardless of whether I get an Axe-FX II. I still love my Ultra, it still meets my needs, and I have no concerns whatsoever if it breaks that they will be able to fix it.

When ever I can soon enough get rid of my value killed 2 month old ultra. :evil Wish there was some sort of trade compensation.
Man I am tired of listening to all the fuckin crybabies on here. Anyone who has bought electronics knows this is the name of the game wah wah get over it! I have a better idea why doesn't Cliff just give everyone an Axe-Fx II for free? Then you all wouldn't have anything to bitch about. You would also run Fractal Audio into the ground and then nobody would have an Axe-Fx II! I have an Axe-Fx Ultra you don't see me bitching about it.

I'll be plenty busy with the Ultra for a while. The Axe-FX II is more than a year out for me. :)

Ha! It took me 4 years to buy an Ultra. And it will probably take me that long again to learn how to use it properly...

Heck, I'm still having fun with it, and and spare cash I have at the moment is going into building a custom guitar etc. I'll probably grab myself a second hand Axe-FXII in a couple of years... Once there is a rich pool of third party resources and knowledge about the device that I can use/learn from as I am doing now...

I need to sell off a few things first. I dont plan on getting rid of the ultra, so one of the guitar harem will go. Or a few. Had to buy a new frig last week.

I need to sell off a few things first. I dont plan on getting rid of the ultra, so one of the guitar harem will go. Or a few. Had to buy a new frig last week.
Cary, be sure to let me know if you decide to get rid of that black Axcess custom... ;)

I just did gig #3 without my Ultra. Sold it 1/2 way into the countdown and now those funds are waiting to buy the II asap. Gigs 4 & 5 without axe-fx are tonight and tomorrow...........sigh........the purgatory of axe-ageddon is a long one.

Last edited:
Will you guys who have an ultra and buying a axe II, be using the ultra as an additional FX processor?

Nope, I'll sell the Ultra once I get an Axe-FX II. With an entire DSP chip in the II dedicated just for effects, there's no way I will need more. I'm not really an FX junkie in the first place--the only patches I had that are CPU-limited are those with dual amps/cabs, and the Axe-FX II is designed to handle that exact scenario. Mostly I use compressor, 2 drives, delay, chorus, reverb and a couple of filter/eq blocks as-needed. Also, in many (most) cases, I used dual amp/cab patches for channel switching, not blending. Therefore, the new X/Y feature in the II even makes that superfluous.

Will you guys who have an ultra and buying a axe II, be using the ultra as an additional FX processor?

I only have a Standard, but the answer is most likely "yes." I have kind of an old-fashioned studio with a tabletop mixer/hard disk recorder, and having to constantly rewire stuff to use my Standard for both guitar/bass tones and mixdown & channel effects is kind of a pain. It'd be nice to just leave the Standard hooked up to the mixer as an effects unit. The Axe-FX reverbs work great for mixdown.

Some of this may depend on how prices for used Standards hold up. I've got other surplus gear I can sell to fund the AFX-II purchase, so I don't *need* to sell the Standard, but if the prices stay high, it will be tempting.

The day it releases :D

Might sell of the ultra and get a second Axe II for the 4 cable method on my Bogner 20th xtc.

But I could be happy to have the ultra just in the fx loop for verb and delay.

Last edited:
I am going to keep my Ultra as a back up rig and get rid of the other modelers I have around.(i.e. Vox Tonelabs LE and SE, a H&K zenTera, and a Digitech 2112)

Nope, I'll sell the Ultra once I get an Axe-FX II. With an entire DSP chip in the II dedicated just for effects, there's no way I will need more. I'm not really an FX junkie in the first place--the only patches I had that are CPU-limited are those with dual amps/cabs, and the Axe-FX II is designed to handle that exact scenario. Mostly I use compressor, 2 drives, delay, chorus, reverb and a couple of filter/eq blocks as-needed. Also, in many (most) cases, I used dual amp/cab patches for channel switching, not blending. Therefore, the new X/Y feature in the II even makes that superfluous.

Same here, but trying to coordinate the Ultra selling with the II delivered. Not unhappy with the Ultra, just bad GAS.

Back
Top Bottom