• Within the year

Votes: 118 17.3%
  • More then a year

Votes: 95 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muzick

Experienced
Cliff said he placed a large order for an AXE FX II and a very large one to follow as long as sales go the way he's expecting. This poll is to give Cliff a rough idea about what he should expect for people buying within 1-2 weeks, 1-2 months, within the year, or more then that? Please vote accurately and seriously.

Thank you

Last edited:
First I need to sell my 6 months old Ultra (which I upgraded to after owning a Standard for 6 months) :(

IF I sell my Ultra (which I love and use every day!) I am going to try the Kemper Profiler. If it is not for me then I will be going for the Axe-FX II (whenever it will be available).

EDIT: The Poll is missing a few entries. "Whenever I have the money", "When I sold my brand new Ultra",....

When ever I can soon enough get rid of my value killed 2 month old ultra. :evil Wish there was some sort of trade compensation.

First I need to sell my 6 months old Ultra (which I upgraded to after owning a Standard for 6 months) :(
go
IF I sell my Ultra (which I love and use every day!) I am going to try the Kemper Profiler. If it is not for me then I will be going for the Axe-FX II (whenever it will be available).

EDIT: The Poll is missing a few entries. "Whenever I have the money", "When I sold my brand new Ultra",....

You're right... wish I had those in there. Unfortunately it doesn't llook like you can go back and edit those?

Bought my Std in June '08.Sold my Std in Feb'11 to buy an Ultra and MFC-101.Sold my Ultra,today, to buy the FX-II.Am ready to buy...Yesterday or sooner.Can't bear the idea of being AXEless.

Last edited:
I did not vote since there was no category I identified with. Being a techie and early adopter with the money available, I could get one as soon as they are available. However, I'm quite happy where I'm at with my Standard so I will take a wait and see approach. I don't personally need or want updates or support, although updates are always fun. Time will tell if there is any personal advantage to motivate me.

enjoy

I'm going to try to get one as soon as it's available. I put my Ultra up on Craig's list, so I really hope I can pull it off and I hope they have enough for the demand. I think it's gonna be pretty crazy right out of the gates.

Think I will wait a year or so. See if there are any major bugs or problems. Maybe try to keep the Ultra for backup or let my kid use it or something. By then the $ value might not be that great though...We'll see.

Think I will wait a year or so. See if there are any major bugs or problems. Maybe try to keep the Ultra for backup or let my kid use it or something. By then the $ value might not be that great though...We'll see.

That is exactly what I am going to do. I just got in my ultra, so I am NOT going to part with it now. And to those who are waiting for an axe fx II ...your wait may be a VERY LONG TIME!

Remember how long the very first axe fx units were to order and even 5 years later and they STILL were selling used for like new prices!

No I am going to wait a year, see what happens and when I get my income tax check THEN see if I still want to purchase one.....IF AND ONLY IF....I DO NOT have to keep showing up at 12 oclock on fractals store just to buy one only to find they are out of stock!

If THAT is going to be the case, no thanks! I would rather buy a used one one ebay!

I love fractals products but I absolutely HATE their business model they sell said product with.

Sold my ultra this morning (for a price I couldn't pass up) so yes, as soon as I can fit one in the cart!

I need to raise some additional gig/session revenue before I can swing it. I use the ultra to gig and on sessions...so I can't easily sell it without knowing that I can pick up an AxeII without a "gap". I suspect that means I will raise the money, buy the AxeII and then (possibly) sell the Ultra (or, more likely, keep it).

I certainly am eager to give it a listen!

BF3

I'll buy one as soon as they are available in australia.

But if it were possible to use the current Ultra to run the G2 amp modelling and lose a bunch of ultra fx i would go that way instead for sure as i am not a huge fx guy.

I sold my Ultra for 12 pesos and a half eaten bag of stale Cool Ranch Doritos this morning so I'm almost there.

Seriously I voted yes because the new IR handling is going to be too much to pass up and will eat at my soul until I cave in....but that's all speculation. I waited 2 or 3 years to buy the AxeFX Ultra because I'm relatively shrewd and tragically lazy. I got time, I'll wait for everyone to buy theirs and laugh at me till I cave in and in the meantime I'll gain 200lbs. Screw you guys, you suck.

So much for seriously. :razz

I got the greenlight from the old lady this morning, but I keep her well supplied in fine leather handbags so she knows better than to cross me. I'm considering making it my big retirement present which is still fluid and could happen by November at the earliest. But I know how I am; the Ultra is great, I still don't have GAS for anything and other than having something new to play with I honestly don't know if I'll bother.

I'm coming at this from a different angle. I'm in the process of selling most of my pedals and a NIB backup X3 Live to fund a significant chunk of this. I'm keeping a Neo Ventilator and a piezo preamp (at least until I can A/B them against the AxeFX-II) but *everything* else is going... I figure I won't be needing them anyway. 8)

As much as I tend to be the sort of person who wants the latest (re: firmware, etc), the fact that the Ultra patches at this stage cannot be ported directly to the Axe Fx II is the main thing that would keep me wanting it right now.
Cliff said a patch translator may be available at some time in the future....but who the hell knows if/when that will happen.

I'm not one who likes to spend time tweaking stuff. I like to plug and play. 99% of my loaded patches are written by others - I've just downloaded them and made very minor tweaks.
If I can't port my Ultra patches, I'm out for the time being.
And, it'll take quite a while for there to be a large, useable library of Axe-Fx II patches anyway.

Back
Top Bottom