Will we see the Plexi 2204/JMP50w

..and I just finished noodling on the new 2204on the III .it is especially sweet with lowered gain...!
Ah.

Well, seeing as this is the Axe-FX II section of the forum... doesn't look like there's any beta FW available on the II for this yet , is there?
nope. Hopefully...soon.

Reactions: Fro
Anyone know if the iron per watt ratio of the JMP 2203/4 50w and 100w is similar to the JCM800 2203/4 transformers? The reason I think I prefer the JCM 50w to the 100w is that the 100w transformers aren't twice as big, so the 50w's have more iron per watt than the 100's, which I presume means less transformer grind and quicker power tube distortion onset in the 50 as opposed to the 100. Is this correct? And if so are the transformer sizes in the JMPs similarly proportioned? That would explain why I always prefer 50's of both JMPs and JCMs...

Sorry I typed too soon, I was at work far away from my unit and I noticed it was in the wiki amp list, yek is beta tester so I asume it was in the private beta, 10.00 had some bugs, 10.01 has all 3 new models.
Here you have a test by dr bonkers, it rocks!
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...04-test-with-cranked-input-and-1x6-ir.138516/
Yeah, I installed it yesterday afternoon and had a quick go-through of the three new amps. All very nice... I have to say, my first impression of the 2204 is that it does land nicely somewhere in between a Plexi & 800 territory, but I really didn’t have time to really dig into it. Looking forward to this one though, thinkin there’s some magic in this one..

Yeah, I installed it yesterday afternoon and had a quick go-through of the three new amps. All very nice... I have to say, my first impression of the 2204 is that it does land nicely somewhere in between a Plexi & 800 territory, but I really didn’t have time to really dig into it. Looking forward to this one though, thinkin there’s some magic in this one..

I had a similar thought. As always, fishing around for an IR match is the key. So far factor 56 sounds pretty good to me.

I had a similar thought. As always, fishing around for an IR match is the key. So far factor 56 sounds pretty good to me.
I just plopped it into the patch I was currently on which was using the Fractal Wrecker Amp, (one of my new favorites btw) which I use a custom IR I created out of Dr. Bonkers Dirty Shirley IR’s which is a G12-65 & an IR from Cliffs Dumble cab which is an EV12L. It’s too bad we can’t share IR’s like this cause I have some really killer IR’s I’ve created that work so well with so many different amps with minimal tweaking.
Seeing as how the IR is so important, it’d be even more advantageous to be able to share those creations than patches IMO.

I just plopped it into the patch I was currently on which was using the Fractal Wrecker Amp, (one of my new favorites btw) which I use a custom IR I created out of Dr. Bonkers Dirty Shirley IR’s which is a G12-65 & an IR from Cliffs Dumble cab which is an EV12L. It’s too bad we can’t share IR’s like this cause I have some really killer IR’s I’ve created that work so well with so many different amps with minimal tweaking.
Seeing as how the IR is so important, it’d be even more advantageous to be able to share those creations than patches IMO.

Yeah, but guys like Dr. Bonkers put a lot into making those IR packs and I like to support folks like that

It’s too bad we can’t share IR’s like this cause I have some really killer IR’s I’ve created that work so well with so many different amps with minimal tweaking.
No, but you could post the CabLab session files along with the name of the packs needed for them, that way if people have the same packs already they can create the mix themselves by opening up the .cls (which is just holds the parameter settings used and path to .ir or .wav files)... might even move some sales to the CabPack providers?

Yeah, but guys like Dr. Bonkers put a lot into making those IR packs and I like to support folks like that
Oh absolutely, I totally was NOT trying to infer that in any way it would be right to circumvent their copyrighted material in anyway. That was not the direction I was headed in at all, whatsoever.
I was thinking in my head at the time I wrote that, it be cool if there was some kind of way the IR producers could get together and work something out, maybe like a subscription service or some kind of post sale royalty service of some kind that would allow people like us to share CabLab creations with “Cross-producer” CabLab creations somehow. Not sure how it’d work though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom