Will we see the Plexi 2204/JMP50w

I want the 50w 2205, as that's the one that Tom Morello uses. But this one would be nice too.

BURN THE HERETIC!!!
Pretty sure Robin Trower used a JMP for a bit as well. Think it was a 100w. But then again, he’s used a lot of different Marshall Amps.. he even used the JCM 900’s for a bit. Lol

The great Trower of power has used marshalls for a long time. Historically, FAS has not left their old models behind. Patience grasshoppa. Patience.

As a guy who does not like distortion pedals, preferring all amp overdrive, the 2204 is by far the smoothest and biggest sounding stock high gain Marshall, IMHO. It's a one trick pony, but that's one great thing about the Axe, it's full of one trick ponies, yet weighs a fraction of all those ponies..:)

Thought we already had both of those covered?

Brit 800 (based on Marshall JCM 800 2204)
Plexi 2204 (based on a 1981 50W JMP with master volume)
1987X (based on reissue of the Marshall 50w JMP Lead 1987)

If not, I gotta agree with the guy who said "do we really need another Marshall"?

Thought we already had both of those covered?

Brit 800 (based on Marshall JCM 800 2204)
Plexi 2204 (based on a 1981 50W JMP with master volume)
1987X (based on reissue of the Marshall 50w JMP Lead 1987)

If not, I gotta agree with the guy who said "do we really need another Marshall"?
Yes, we need a 1980, 81, or 82 JCM800 2203. The 100 watt model sounds different than the 50 watt model.

More Marshalls than I would ever be able to afford to own (and maintain) was the reason I got into Fractal in the first place! I say Bring it on! (even though I already have an AFX3)
IMO the AFX2 it's still better than all the other modelers in the market (except for the 3, of course!) and with an update here and there, it would still be EASY to stay on top of the competition. From there, when GAS hits, the only way up, is to the Axe FX III, as more and more Pros start to use it.

Back
Top Bottom