Will we have Axe Edit for the III once they come out later this month?

My guess would be that the next Axe-edit version that comes out will work on both the II and the III, because they didn't rename the program. -The AX8 and FX8 both have differently named editors, and the editor shown on the Axe III page still says Axe-edit. Unless they just go straight to EOL on the II, in which case we would have to just use the last version that worked. I'm hopeful that won't be the case though, as Cliff stated that some stuff would be ported.

The front panel looks super easy to use and read. It looks like a mini version of AXE Edit already from what I can tell. I'm sure the learning curve on the screen itself will be much faster than it was with the two.

I’m hoping there will be a way we can use the current Axe-Edit to view our Mk2s while using a new Axe-Edit to view our new 3’s.

Being able so see both at the same time will make preset re-creation MUCH easier to accomplish.

I thought I would be frustrated without the program but I like being forced to learn the front panel. As this is my first rack AxeFX it is nice to see how user friendly it can be. Though I really like the dedicated amp knobs on my Ax8

As much of a quantum (heh) leap as it is from the II, I am REALLY jonesing for the new Axe Edit. As someone else said, I have a ton of deeper edits for a lot of presets and I miss editing in the software way more than I expected. Looking forward to it, Cliff and crew!

I love the front panel
But for things like the cab block mixer
And naming presets scenes I would most likely use Axe Edit

I thought I would be frustrated without the program but I like being forced to learn the front panel. As this is my first rack AxeFX it is nice to see how user friendly it can be. Though I really like the dedicated amp knobs on my Ax8

The dedicated knobs is coming in a future update
You will be able to globally program
The 5 encoders x2 under the screen
So you could have
Gain Bass Mids Treble Lvl
Prescence Depth. Master Verb mix fx mix
All there at one turn

Got my III tonight so just getting acclimated to things. The front panel is great. Was able to get my first preset setup without too much hassle. I’ll be waiting patiently for the editor but it’s not a huge issue at the moment.

Easier, yes for sure. But it's not ergonomic or reasonable to have it be on my desk and not in the rack where I need it to be. So sure, it's way easier, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a great solution for everyone's specific situation.

Back
Top Bottom