Will this work for me?

JRod4928

Power User
I'm probably experiencing paralysis by analysis here, so help me out, if you could :) here's the problem...

I have a Verve 12ma as my monitor, which has only an XLR input. Which is fine when I'm playing by myself, but this poses a problem when friends come over and want to play through the same monitor, using their own processor.

My solution is to input all signals into a mixer, and use the main mixer XLR OUT to the Verve XLR input.

My concern is if I will run into any issues if I'm running multiple unbalanced and balanced lines into the mixer, simultaneously? Especially in regards to setting the proper levels as some lines may need an attenuator (like a DI box attenuator, not a speaker attenuator. There are no powered lines running here).

Here's the mixer I'm looking at... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolls-RM82-...4&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=201325462959&rt=nc

Last edited:
looks like it has mic and line inputs, should not be a problem. If it works? you never know on ebay! those sellers are not allways 100% accurate! I bought a compressor on ebay once seller stated was powered up but no way to test, well It didn't work that's why it wasn't tested, paypal will not help you when the description is correct even though it is not all the truth! now I only bid if the description states that it does work as intended! and all parts are included! good luck! if it does work and you decide to sell it let me know I might would be interested! I know if you sell it, it will be as advertised!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Haha thanks for the kind words, and the advice. my only concern is that when I see stuff like mixers with xlr and 1/4 inputs, they usually have a -20, -40 db switch on them. I suppose perhaps that's what the trim knob is for? I've also never heard of "Rolls", maybe I'm just out of the loop, lol

If you are shopping on E-Bay, make sure you use PayPal as if there is a legitimate problem with the product that you can't work out with the seller, PayPal can seize the funds and return them to you.

Your best bet for reviews or opinions would probably be at TGP for something like the Rolls mixer. Chances are someone over there has seen or used one.

You're probably right, but I trust the input of those on this forum more than I do the input of those on TGP... TGP has some great forum members, but I feel like they're the exception rather than the rule...whereas the FAS forum is the opposite. Quality > quantity. :)

I use a little Mackie mixer for this application.

I bought it used off of ebay.

I'm not a huge fan of Mackie but I prefer them over Rolls. The jacks / pots / enclosure of the Mackie are more rugged in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom