Will This Work? BCR2000

rrogers

Inspired
Stumbled across this while looking for some midi control options: Behringer BCR2000 MIDI Controller w/ Rotary Knobs at zZounds

I'm wondering if I can map control of amp parameters and common effect parameters to it so I can have do quick, on-the-fly adjustments without going into the menus. I hate wearing glasses on stage, so I would like a quick way to notch gain up or down, tweak a few eq bands, etc.

Has any tried this unit or something similar with the Axe II?

Look up forum member PALYGAP. He put a lot of time and research into just what you are talking about. I actually spent some time looking into it with the BCF2000 and I can tell you that it is a whole other level of programming MIDI data because it is almost all sysex stuff (which the Behringer stuff is capable of ironically). It's just very intensive editing, lots of trial and error and mostly frustration. I think that PALYGAP ended up making an intermediary device to work as a translator of sorts and even then it's a handful. Trying to keep track of what button is what alone made it more trouble than it was worth for me.

There is an add on device that someone else made that you may be interested in. It's called the RAC12 and is made by one of our long time and very outstanding members. You can find more details here: fxunits.com - RAC12

Yep I'm using an old BCR with my axe fx II XL. Just the same as any midi controller. In fact it goes through my FCB1010 then into the axe. You can make some pretty cool synth patches...

There's not necessarily any sysex involved. You can set up the rotary pots to control the correct CC's for the axe fx ext 1- 12, fx block bypasses and looper controls.

My RAC12 arrived just yesterday: 12 physical knobs wich are 12 switch also x 16 pages of mapping and a graphic (color!) display. All arranged, organized and layouted thinking at the AxeFx (and it works also in conjunction with the MFC101 or other midi pedalboard controller via a MIDI-merge socket). There is also an editing software (connecting the RAC12 via USB to pc/mac) so you can easily map all the Axe parametres to pages, knobs and switches.
What can I say: 384 Axe parametres ready at your fingertips! A totally new approach and feeling with the Axe!!!!
Wanna create a patch and sculpt tour tone? wanna ear the interaction between amp, or cab or fx parametres?... RAC12 is the way!!! is FFFFFAAAAASSSTTTT!!!
oopss... I forgot... the RAC12 is firmware upgradable... so every change in the Axe fw... is upgraded in a new RAC12 firmware (right now the RAC12 is Q1 official ready!)

Back
Top Bottom