Will there be further Ultra updates?

Well.. there is less than zero motivation for Cliff to do so. He's a nice guy, but lets face it, used re-sales of Ultras are competition for Fractal sales. Every time Cliff releases a new firmware for the II, a new batch of Ultra owners make the decision to upgrade.

So.. I highly doubt it (but you never know for sure).

yup, that^. I'm pretty sure he'll still issue bug fixes and give us a little taste of stuff here and there, but I'm sure they'll be VERY infrequent.

But all guesses are as good as the other - only time will tell.....this is the first time fractal has made such a big change, so it's anyone's guess really :/

In a commercial sense your (and my) Ultra reached the end of it's life when it became impossible to buy a new one.
Regardless if it still works just fine and will continue to do so for many more years, it's dead. It has had it's lifetime updates.

S.R.

Ultra and standard are still a good product. If Cliff find a way to improve amp emulation (given his newer know-how, within gen-1 limited resource), then every sounding ol' unit will give him some return: interest in axefx products, marketing placement, new buyers. The better the products outside, the better actual sells. IMHO.

I wouldn't consider the Axe-fx Std/Ultra "obsolete" because it still sounds much better than the majority of "real" amps out there... so in that sense, it is not obsolete... but if you want to be part of the "upgrade brigade" (better known as firmware crack addicts), then yes... because the supply chain has "moved". ;) :D

its far from obsolete, but i think we have had our whack with the ultra/standard.

all things come to a end and we have had great support. [sniffle]

I dont see why they couldn't. I mean I can see the CPU wall being hit by the ultra's and Standards vs as the II's have 2x the processing power.

I say this not knowing the code base differences but they all use TigerSharc CPU's so they cant be totally dissimilar.

Back
Top Bottom