Will There Be Demo Video's B4 FC's Release?

Thanks for sharing all of the pics and video footage Michael! One suggestion would be to get the camera closer to the unit if possible. We can't see what is in the displays from this angle. Not complaining though! :D

Thanks for sharing all of the pics and video footage Michael! One suggestion would be to get the camera closer to the unit if possible. We can't see what is in the displays from this angle. Not complaining though! :D

Ya, I am not a pro camera guy, I was using my iPad. Gonna try a few different things in a few minutes. Hopefully will look better:)

@rnjscooter, Thanks for the videos. Your video and @hippietim and @yek got me thinking about getting the FC6.

I didn't get my III until the first week of October, and I ordered the MMGT16 since I needed to be able to gig with it right away. I waited until December to get not the FC list since the MMGT is fantastic and does what I need. Then I thought I should at least try the FC since it's specifically designed to work with the III.

I originally thought I needed a crap load of buttons to do what I need. Now I am building presets for each song, even though I can cover several songs from one. Using scenes makes it so much easier to make changes during a song, so I save a preset to a new location and rename to the song, and change the scenes for that song instead of tap dancing. Helps because I sing a lot too. So, now I'm thinking the FC6 might be the better choice for me.

I still like having the some effects buttons since we are known to do some "off the cuff freestyle" stuff in a song, or improvise a jam on the fly. Now I think layouts would give me that flexibility even with only 6 buttons.

My plan was to get the FC12, spend some time with it comparing to the GT and sell the one that loses. Now I'm thinking get the FC6 and do the same thing. The GT16 and my 2 mini x pedals barely fit on my metro 24 board, and the expressions are pretty cramped. The FC6 would give my size 11s a little more room for the expression pedals.

I need to deep dive into the manual now, only perused it when Fractal released it last month.

@rnjscooter, Thanks for the videos. Your video and @hippietim and @yek got me thinking about getting the FC6.

I didn't get my III until the first week of October, and I ordered the MMGT16 since I needed to be able to gig with it right away. I waited until December to get not the FC list since the MMGT is fantastic and does what I need. Then I thought I should at least try the FC since it's specifically designed to work with the III.

I originally thought I needed a crap load of buttons to do what I need. Now I am building presets for each song, even though I can cover several songs from one. Using scenes makes it so much easier to make changes during a song, so I save a preset to a new location and rename to the song, and change the scenes for that song instead of tap dancing. Helps because I sing a lot too. So, now I'm thinking the FC6 might be the better choice for me.

I still like having the some effects buttons since we are known to do some "off the cuff freestyle" stuff in a song, or improvise a jam on the fly. Now I think layouts would give me that flexibility even with only 6 buttons.

My plan was to get the FC12, spend some time with it comparing to the GT and sell the one that loses. Now I'm thinking get the FC6 and do the same thing. The GT16 and my 2 mini x pedals barely fit on my metro 24 board, and the expressions are pretty cramped. The FC6 would give my size 11s a little more room for the expression pedals.

I need to deep dive into the manual now, only perused it when Fractal released it last month.

Ya I mean 8 layouts literally covers EVERYTHING. So I can gig literally with one layout, and if I am asked to do something during rehearsals I can easily get there by the MLM :D

So here is my last video of the day. This is my first custom layout, and I can see changes coming already lol.

A few things.........
1. I made my tuner ring white but there is no color when I engaged the tuner, not sure why
2. I made my preset up/down rings red, but as you will see, the red didn't fire every time. Hopefully Cliff will chime in on why that is happening in both instances.
3. My Solo 1/2 button rings come on for the 1st toggle and off for the 2nd toggle, hmmmm
4. I learned that if I go from rhythm to solo 1, back to rhythm, that when I wish to go to solo 2 I have to hit the button 2x. I was under the assumption that since it was already on solo 1, that the next time I come back to it I would only have to hit it once for solo 2. So I will be rethinking a wee lil bit on this! And let's be honest here. Layouts are organic in nature and will most likely always be in a state of change. Or maybe I am just anal retentive.......:(

Anyways, Enjoy!

PS. feel free to ask me my secret on how I got the mini displays to show up on the video!

PS 2. My apologies, I am not the best video maker. The audio isn't great all the way thru:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom