Will there be an updated AX8?

spinal

Hello,

I've come a long way in deciding that the AX8 is the solution I'm looking for. It's come out, it's had the price dropped and AxeFX III is on the way. With so much new competition the AX8 seems somewhat dated in terms of the end user experience.

Does anyone have any information or know if they plan on releasing an updated version anytime soon?

Thanks.

The day before the Axe Fx 3 was released, no one knew (that hadn’t signed an NDA meaning that they couldn’t say). The updated Ax8 will come sometime between tomorrow and the end of time. The day before it will be released, no one will know, that hasn’t signed an NDA and won’t tell.

Someday they will. As long as they don't, I am going with my unit.
It's not like a multi-million concern with public release dates, were only half of the stuff advertised is working. So, if it's the solution for you, why bothering now?

Of course there will an update. I'm thinking it will be on par with the AxeFX XL+ but with better modelling in a floor board. It will sell like hotcakes.

With so much new competition the AX8 seems somewhat dated in terms of the end user experience

In what way? Just interested in what you're comparing it to?
For me the AX8 fulfils the three most important functions - it sounds fantastic, is easy to programme with AX Edit and works great in a live environment

A new AX8 will not automatically make the old one sound any less fantastic. I'm perfectly happy with it.
The onboard UI works fine. People complain about it but it comes down to being lazy. People want it to look like an Iphone and be something you can master in an hour with no manual.
I suggest you spend some time sitting in front of the unit with just the manual. Set up and tweak presets and do whatever you normally do. I did this, referring to the manual when needed and within a few days I was able to do 95% of everything I do directly from the AX8 without AX edit. I use Ax edit for setting up controllers, and some more tricky maneuvers but that's it. I found I spend more time playing. Cracking open Ax edit usually sends me down the rabbit hole whereas tweaking from the front panel I do what I need and get back to playing.

The onboard UI works fine. People complain about it but it comes down to being lazy. People want it to look like an Iphone and be something you can master in an hour with no manual.
I suggest you spend some time sitting in front of the unit with just the manual.

The fact that it's possible to setup the unit with the existing UI doesn't negate my statement.

Edit:

Removed the comment referring to Cliff having said the AxeFX II UI was outdated. I must have dreamed that up, sorry for generating fake news.

Last edited:
Sorry, I must have dreamed that one up (damn, I'm sure I read it somewhere). Please disregard what I said about the AxeFX UI. My first statement stays unaffected.

Sorry, I must have dreamed that one up (damn, I'm sure I read it somewhere). Please disregard what I said about the AxeFX UI. My first statement stays unaffected.
Thats fine, I am not trying to argue here, but you implied Cliff said the AX8 & AxeFX II UI is outdated also? Maybe I misread it. But I do not think so.

But bottom line, just because the ax8 does not have a UI like the helix does NOT make it outdated. I mean I use Ax8 Edit and axe Edit because I am in a home studio and it's easier. But I have no problems doing stuff on the unit itself. My main issue with editing on the ax8 itself is that it's on the floor and I'm old..........I hit my head on my studio desk everytime I lean down :)

Back
Top Bottom