Will there be a Windows 10 driver?

grandinq

Power User
I had a thread earlier about usb problems that came out of nowhere for me. I have a Windows 10 laptop and it updates itself regularly so I am wondering if that was the cause of it suddenly not recognizing the Axe.

I borrowed a friend’s Windows 7 laptop, installed the drivers, and it found my Axe just fine.

So that got me wondering — will there be a driver update? The current one available is from 2014.

The big question is wether there will be a USB driver update with built-in samplerate conversion 48khz->44.1khz.

Current driver works fine with Windows10.

Yep, im having continuous sound issues with the current USB driver on windows 10. Driver is old as F#%@! Tried everything, no amount of trial and error ever fixes the issues. Very odd!

Try updating the rest of the drivers on your system, especially the motherboard chipset and USB host controller drivers. You may have some other compatibility issue going on. The current driver works fine in Windows 10 for many users here, myself included.

Try updating the rest of the drivers on your system, especially the motherboard chipset and USB host controller drivers. You may have some other compatibility issue going on. The current driver works fine in Windows 10 for many users here, myself included.

Okay, thanks. It had been working for me on Win 10 as well.

I can verify this; I’m on Win 10 x64 Pro with no issues, but I’m also anal about keeping HW/MB drivers up to date.

I had the problem last week after update wun10 1709.

Axe FX not recognized anymore.

I had to reinstall the drivers (important to follow the instructions and delete the old driver before installing again the last one)

I had a error message after installing, but after a reboot all was okay.
It is the first time I had to reinstall the drivers. (I must regularly reinstall ilok after update Windows 10, just because cabla 3 doesn't work anymore.)

I had to reinstall the drivers (important to follow the instructions and delete the old driver before installing again the last one)

It is the first time I had to reinstall the drivers. (I must regularly reinstall ilok after update Windows 10, just because cabla 3 doesn't work anymore.)

I reinstalled, rebooted etc. I kept getting the error 105 message (read all the threads about that) and I checked the device manager and it was unrecognized.

My AxeFx II Mark I has worked fine with Windows 10 with no problems whatsoever. Now, the thunderbolt drivers for my UAD Apollo, that's another story.

I made sure all the computer's other drivers were up to date as well. Still, I end up with the Axe being an "unrecognized device" and thus error 105 when I try to run the bootloader.

I made sure driver's on the computer were updated. This is the sequence I have followed:

1. I make sure there are no Fractal drivers on the computer (uninstalled)
2. I run as an admin: the Fractal Audio Systems USB Driver Setup 2014-06-06 file
3. I get the Welcome to the setup wizard screen, click Next
4. I accept the agreement
5. “the following items will be installed” screen, click Next
6. screen displays where it will be installed to, click Next
7. "Ready to install" screen, click Install
8. “Click next to install the Bootloader.” Click Next
9. “Windows can’t verify the publisher," message, choose Install anyway
10. next screen: power off FAS device and wait 5 seconds (it was off), ensure device is connected, then I power on device
11. When I turn on the Axe, computer makes the sound it always does when a USB device is added, and after a few seconds it displays a message “unknown device is ready to use.”
12. USB installer says to click Next to install the driver, click Next
13. “Install progress, this could take several minutes” and then after about 5 seconds it displays this message: "Driver Install error code 105, Unable to communicate with the Fractal Audio Systems device."

Try a different USB port, preferably a USB 2.0 port and not a USB 3.0 one. Some USB 3.0 ports and hubs don't play well with the Axe II for some reason. Also if you are using a USB hub, try plugging directly into the PC instead.

You can also check device manager and watch what shows up when you plug in the Axe II. Windows will sometimes mistakenly try to use one of it's own built in drivers for devices instead of the correct one from Fractal. You can try right clicking the device and selecting Upgrade Driver and pointing to the folder where the Fractal drivers are installed.

Thanks for the tip. I’m sorry to say that didn’t do it. It’s still unrecognized

Try a different USB port, preferably a USB 2.0 port and not a USB 3.0 one. Some USB 3.0 ports and hubs don't play well with the Axe II for some reason. Also if you are using a USB hub, try plugging directly into the PC instead.

You can also check device manager and watch what shows up when you plug in the Axe II. Windows will sometimes mistakenly try to use one of it's own built in drivers for devices instead of the correct one from Fractal. You can try right clicking the device and selecting Upgrade Driver and pointing to the folder where the Fractal drivers are installed.

Thanks. I just tried this. When I pointed it to the drivers folder I got a message saying that there was no driver available.

I’m so bummed out about this. Makes me realize so much of what I do is tied to a computer (editing presets, downloading presets, managing and backing up presets and cabs, upgrades). I can try a support ticket I suppose.

@Grandlinq - did you (or anyone) ever get this sorted? I am running Windows 10, get the "unknown device" error, have trouble shot all website details. The new bootloader installs to \Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit. There are few files in the Axe-Edit leaf, with the application file sitting here. No fractal drivers can be found on my system, although the software boots and says "disconnected" even though I've plugged into USB 2.0 and 3.0. No USB install program started, and uninstalling and reinstalling following steps in here and on Website hasn't worked. Also, the website instructions appear out of synch with new Windows 10. HELP!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom