Will the model list for AFII be updated again? Model request

One amp I really wish was modelled in my AFII is either the 70 or 135 watt ultralinear Fender silver face amps, either Pro Reverb or Twin Reverb. In both cases,
they're about as lush and beautiful sounding as a clean tone can get. I have yet to hear any amp that quite matches that floating on clouds feeling of playing one of these.

Part of it is the reverb. They just seem to have BETTER reverb than anything else.

I'd be more than happy to ship my own ultraliner Pro Reverb to Fractal's labs, on my nickel, in order to get this model made.

So, have we seen the end of model updates for the legacy AFII series, or is there still hope for a few changes?

I'd also like to suggest that there are apparently more available amp models than preset slots. I'd think that it'd be nice if there was a tool that lets
the user choose the list of models that gets loaded into the AFII out of the complete list of all models that have been developed. A simple drag and
drop interface. Dump what you don't have any use for, drag in other models you want, download that package to the AFII.

And....the ability for us to rename models to our liking wouldn't be a bad idea. I know, legally the company can't name a model "5150 II" but if I were to rename the appropriate model to that on my own accord, then that's not Fractal's problem.

I'm aware of the doubleverb model, but it's not the ultralinear 135 watt model. The ultralinear models have their own sound,
and for clean tones it's the best of the best, even without taking into account the particularly lush reverb that these models usually have.
(Which is very tank-dependent. Some tanks are just better than others.)

Back
Top Bottom