will the FX3 come out as soon as i buy the Fx2

It is cool though. I've finally solved the last piece of the puzzle. It has taken me five years to figure this out.

317038_340420102737734_1479155020_n.jpg

V11 patch notes: "You don't need more amps than John Lennon. Removed everything but the Vox AC30." :D

Just leave the 3 Triptik models in there... that's all I need... ;)

Now THERE's an idea for a niche market - your own personalised Axe-FX II.... Customised with your own colours and your own favourite amp. 1 preset only and your name engraved on the front. $9999

It might also be a new, more sensitive and less forgiving, input algorithm...
I hope it's something along those lines.
I have used the Axe in all the usual configurations:
- FRFR (Turbosound FOH, IEM, Genelec 8050, Genelec 1030)
- Axe with full amp modeling -> Matrix GT1000 -> guitar cab
- Axe as a preamp only -> VHT2/50/2 -> guitar cab

In my experience, whatever tiny difference there is to a real amp it is there in all these configurations.

It's interesting that you talk about a "less forgiving" input because I have found half a dozen ways to make the attack harder using the AMP block parameters but I haven't yet figured out how to make the initial transient softer, spongier or more forgiving while still keeping a mid-focused tone.

Hmm. Further separating the pre and power amps and ability to change power amp types and tube types? Just a Sweet Wild Ass Guess.

sunshinewelly,
It started with the Standard, then the Ultra came out with more memory (but it was still the same CPU etc.), bc the users wanted to use more effects , etc, but it reached its CPU limitation eventually, as well .
Axe-FX II was completely different, more and way faster processors, more memory, more connections.
It is not likely, that we will need more processor (If they added more CPU power it would cost much more and seems like they try to stay in the same price-range).
Connection-wise there are few things that could be nice. like Wifi, blutooth, USB, but those don't seem to be that important to start developing and manufacturing a new product.

Instead, FAS has been coming out with constant updates and Axe-FX III is already here, but in the Axe-Fx II chasing.
Actually the standard had the the 500 megablurbs processor, which was the fastest TigerSharc bar ONE. The Ultra came from adding that fastest one, the TigerSharc 600 megasomethings and some extra memory to hold models to the standard. More or less.
Apparently more Ultra's were sold than Standards...
The II has two of the TigerSharc 600s, there still doesn't appear to be a faster dsp out there. Last time I checked was a while ago...

Well, IIRC, Cliff made a statement to the effect that MIMIC had brought the amp modeling to parity with the original signals, the effects were pretty much on point but he thought there could be something he could improve on the CAB/IR side of the house. Here's hoping FW11 brings the equivalent of MIMIC to the CAB/IR side of things.

I prefer my bread untoasted, mba.

So now people will speculate for months what FW11 will be. People will be angry at FAS that it's not out yet although they don't know what "it" is.

Eventually saying something like that is hype. :D I don't think anyone believes FW11 is the final firmware. So it's not the last piece of the puzzle then. :)

Well I was with you as far as "Actually"... ;)
I remember the numbers. Just don't know what the unit exactly was. Hey, it's been 6 years...
Probably MegaHerzes. Can't be bothered to look it up, but there definitely was a difference in the processors.

Back
Top Bottom