will the FX3 come out as soon as i buy the Fx2

Does anyone know the estimated further lifespan of the fx2. I have a history of buying a product only for a new version to come out shortly thereafter. :mrgreen

As i am looking at buying a fx 2 this week should i be concerned

No one here has a crystal ball to look into the future if that is what you are looking for.

My opinion (and it is only that) is that no, the axe fx II will be around for awhile.

If you would have used the search function, you would have seen this discussed many times already.

Good Luck with whatever decision you make.

I wouldn’t be concerned…

With what I know now, I would be more concerned not having the axe instead of what’s coming next. Besides that the Axe holds its value better than any other consumer electronic device that I know of. The way I see it, the Axe still has a lot of potential headroom and if the next generation Axe will present any quantum leaps….. hard to imagine… but then again, it just keeps getting better.
My advice… go for it… enjoy what you have and don’t speculate on what you may not have.

Cheers!

From the grapevine - go for the Axe IV. It's one unit higher, has 5.1 power-amps with about 6.000 watts and a screen-protector that you never need to flip off.

.... and a screen-protector that you never need to flip off.
my current screen protector is starting to peel at the edges, so i will probably need to upgrade to the axe fx iv.
the tones may be phenomenal on my axe fx 2 but hey, if the plastic comes off, i'm outta here!
am also so gonna get the axe fx floor rig that they are working on right now.
once the app i-axefx is available in itunes around labor day, i will be all over it.

sorry, gotta go, i think my screen-protector is peeling again..

my current screen protector is starting to peel at the edges, so i will probably need to upgrade to the axe fx iv.
the tones may be phenomenal on my axe fx 2 but hey, if the plastic comes off, i'm outta here!
am also so gonna get the axe fx floor rig that they are working on right now.
once the app i-axefx is available in itunes around labor day, i will be all over it.

sorry, gotta go, i think my screen-protector is peeling again..

Yearh - ment peel-off. I'm Scandinavian and here we have 240V which make the Trippy-Track go to 22 instead of 11 due to the heightened voltage. The version IV will allow even 650V giving room for a Bogner Whale with added knobs due to fifty parallelled processors and liquid cooling (hoses and the 2kW external, wheeled unit not included in the price).

The lifespan of the Axe-FX II can be calculated easily using the following formula:

math_equation_editor.jpg

...and plugging the result into this formula:

5660743377_5278a0ee06_z.jpg

...then doing a fast fourier transform with this formula:

blackboard-with-complicated-math-formula.jpg

Too easy! :)

Think about purchasing a car when you decide you want how many years do you wait? I am developing awesome sounds with the axe fx 2. When they do come out with the next release it will have more processing power but how many effects do you really need at one time? My suggestion is why let life pass you by without one. You never know how long we have left on this earth. The Axe Fx rules the world!

Also Remember, in 4 or 5 years when the next version does appear ,you probably won't be able to get one for at least a year on a waiting list !

I agree, take the plunge. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.... this little black box is awesome. Get one, it will deliver the sounds you need to record or play live with. For me it's all about trying to improve my playing now, not think.....err I need the next model because it's going to be better

Last edited:
Im waiting for the Iphone 7 as well. If u need to contact me you can leave a message at my mom's and she'll contact me.
Its the same with the AxeFx2, dont wait for the next thing. Take the leap!

Back
Top Bottom