Will the FM3 ever get the Tone Match block?

Is Tone Match the kind of thing that could be provided in software version for a desktop/laptop?

For the FM3, my guess is the DSP would limit its ability to tone match. Seeing as the FM9 does not have the tone match either, it may be that they want to have some features reserved for the AXE FX III to give people reasons to pay up for it.

So axeiii users can port their tone matches for the other units to access. So in a way yes. But the processing power it takes to create a tone match is provably axeiii unit specific

I don't think that the CPU is the deciding factor here. The FM3 just isn't supposed to be the studio tool which the III is. The FM3 has been positioned as a tool for performing. Also, it's not reasonable to expect the much cheaper FM3 to provide everything the flagship product offers (which is more than tone matching).

Waaay more control as well. You have unlimited tone-shaping tools at your disposal in your DAW.

Finding this out with my MPC One. Also I have a Roland sp404 that imo had some of the best effects out there before fractal came along. Running into the MPC and routing the signal through my SP next to it is an awesome tone shaping resource, with a hands on approach (twisting dials, idk why, I love it.) Roland was owned by Boss for a while right? Really love the fx on the 404. You can grab them so cheap rn that they came out with the mkII.

Ultra soon to be replaced by FM3

1641924426576112985462476373600.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom