Will the Axe FX II XL+ have updates now?

2750033e5803dae9e831aa4bbef22132.gif

Last edited:
No one forced you to update.
I don't see how that's a problem for ya.
I just knew someone would say that.

Updates came as bundles. If you wanted a new chorus, or to try a new amp, then you had to take the whole update with everything that entailed. Often I’d skip one or more firmware versions if there was nothing I wanted.

However, it's unfinished and it's possible that it's now abandoned or will be abandoned soon.
Such projects don't ever get finished, they only get abandoned.
When that happens, it's called Abandonware or sometimes Deadware. This is the most mature the software gets, sure, but can death be called "the prime"? Especially if Axe 2 was once the king of amp modelling, and now it isn't?

Well that's just a semantic circle jerk. Your opinion that it's unfinished is just that. Your opinion. Therefore your assessment that it's abandonware or deadware is also opinion-based and, in my opinion, hogwash.

Hi, I’m receiving my new Axe II XL+ soon, I’d like to know if this product, as it is still available, will keep having updates or if it is already abandoned for the Axe III.
Thank you.
Roi.
There is at least one more update coming for sure. As for more? No one knows. Yeah its slowed down, but Cliff hasn't said the II is done yet.

I've had an axe-fx II mk ll for 5.5 years however, and honestly IMHO this product has run its course.

Just my opinion, but I'd play with the XL for 2 weeks then return it and get a III.

Hi, I’m receiving my new Axe II XL+ soon, I’d like to know if this product, as it is still available, will keep having updates or if it is already abandoned for the Axe III.
Thank you.
Roi.

As has been discussed earlier, the XL+ is a mature product, and it has actually received some of the Aries code from the III in the most recent update. The plus side of purchasing the XL+ is you've got one hell of a product that sounds better than any of it's peers on the market, and will serve you very well in years to come. A lot of us don't come close to fully using the full power & capabilities of it. On the other hand, with the exception of maybe some bug fixes (if any are discovered) I wouldn't bet the ranch on any further major updates. That can also be a good thing - many times we'd need to tweak our presets after the release of a new firmware - a new XL+ doesn't require that.

The III gives you more options, power, & the path to what will no doubt be a lot of future expandability. Because of that, expect the modelling to improve, along with more features to be added down the road. I was fortunate enough to be in a position to purchase the III and have no regrets - in fact I'm thrilled with it.

There's no "wrong" answer - either way you've got the best out there. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom