Will the AKM fire in Japan affect availability of the AxeFXIII?

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Horrible fire. Reported no lives lost but too over 80 hours to put out. They apparently make ADC and DAC chips for a significant portion of the audio industry. Hope this doesn’t hurt FAS production projections.

No, we don't use AKM.

The only company in this particular market segment that uses AKM that I am aware of is Boss/Roland. Us, Kemper and Line6 use Cirrus. I don't know who Headrush uses but I bet it's Cirrus. I have no idea what the low-end guys like Hotone, Mooer etc. use but it might be AKM.

AKM is kind of the "budget brand".

Cirrus parts are not pin compatible nor register compatible so it would require a board redesign and a firmware change to switch parts.

It becomes a logistics issue. As a manufacturer you would have to ascertain how long a part shortage would last and whether the redesign would be worth it. Cirrus converters are also more expensive so you'd have to weigh that as well.

No, we don't use AKM.

The only company in this particular market segment that uses AKM that I am aware of is Boss/Roland. Us, Kemper and Line6 use Cirrus. I don't know who Headrush uses but I bet it's Cirrus. I have no idea what the low-end guys like Hotone, Mooer etc. use but it might be AKM.

AKM is kind of the "budget brand".
Quality design and manufacturing is its own reward. Glad to own The Best.

Back
Top Bottom