Will spare no expense.

Kdog

Inspired
Well, there may be some limit.

Don't get me wrong, I am OK with my current Alesis Speakers. They are powered and sound good. But they are lacking a certain clarity that i seek.

I have my TA-30 , Fender Hot ROd, and Marshal DSL sold. Gonna keep my Lonestar.

So price is not a factor. I check the threads. Yamaha's seem nice. But I want something more professional sounding.

What are the BEST monitors I can buy.

Space is an issue. Don't want something HUGE...maybe something Medium sized that sound Fantastic. Not just good.

seems like on certain presets the bass gets too overbearing on the low E and A strings.

Genelec 1031A's + subwoofer. You will hear stuff in your mixes you never knew was there! Yamahas suck, IMHO - major listening fatigue over time.

CAT-MBX-Powered-Speakers.jpg

Only $500,000. Probably comes with the chick.

Event Opal monitors ($1500 each) have been raved about as well.

Last edited:
Been looking at these K10's at musicians Friend...15 percent off. Might be pulling the trigger. I think I'm trying to get away from the desk top speakers.

Funny Polymath has chosen the right brand....advised me on it a long time ago. I run Genelec 8040's - check them out, they are powerful, tonally pure N

Overkill?

Not necessarily, depends on the size of the room and how loud you want to play, my point is compared to other solutions they are really budget and not anywhere as near as good. You asked if money was no object, these would not go on my shopping list.
Depends what you want? In my studio I have Focal CMS 65's. they are great in my studio, get loud enough and are a great near field monitor. You want mid field levels then try the new CLR's, are getting rave reviews here. I only get my RCFNX12SMA in my studio when I'm setting axe patch levels at gig volumes, other than they I think it's overkill forme. YMMV of course, but I wouldn't go with K10's. I used one as a monitor a few time , not happy at all, K8's were worse. Difference between the K's and my RCF is night and day. However my K12's are great in my PA.

After many listening tests, I would recommend ADAM monitors.
Don't get me wrong, you're comparing the best to the best, but Adam wins in my ears.

In fact, I talked to Cliff recently about getting another pair for use as reference when dialing in factory presets.
As for price range, CALL THEM and discuss your needs/space and let them make the selection.

Thanks for your input guys, Thank God my musicians friend order was declined for the K10's. My credit limit has reached it peak (i guess) :eek:ops

But Sam Ash has those Adam A7x's and I ordered them just a second ago. ( a pair ) If they are good enough for pro's like you guys. THey will be good enough for me.

Its funny though. Lots of guys here love those Yamaha's. There was a whole thread on what monitors to get with this beautiful device and the Yamahas seemed to domintate the thread.

Looks like these babies are back ordered. Oh well, will use the Alesis until they are availabe.

Last edited:
I recommend considering some room treatments too.

They go a long way to improving what you are listening to in regards to accuracy.

+1. Made the biggest difference in mine. An auralex roominator kit is well worth the money. Mount them on Ply sheets and hang em.ike pictures, works a charm.

Back
Top Bottom