Will new tariffs affect Axe-Fx III pricing?

Don't give anybody any ideas..lol

I wouldn't think tariffs effects the coponents. As components are American made.

As far as assembly... leaning towards no at the moment.

Unless maybe your from Europe.. tariffs?
Sure why not. 25% seems fair.

Will this impact the Axe-Fx III pricing?

Tariff article

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/301Investigations/List 1.pdf

25% increase on basically all of the BOM of the Axe-Fx III
ceramic caps, memory, PCBs, LCDs, resistors...etc.
All the mentions of PCBs in the list seem to be under "for color TV," no? Or am I misreading this?

Caps, resistors, transistor, LED, etc. seem to be under the tariff yeah. But does that apply to PCBA?

Where do you see memory? What do I search?

Very specific list of things, interesting how it's so specific.

Last edited:
I suspect that Fractal would have agreed to a certain amount of products being made for a set price. Much better deals are to be had by companies operating in this manner......usually the more units the cheaper they are to manufacture.

Under these circumstances coupled with usual practice of new tariffs applied to new orders, I would expect the price to remain the same for some time, tariff or no.

Of course that leaves room for a less scrupulous company to use tariffs as an excuse to make more money by hiking the retail price. Commanding such a popular product with many consumer back orders, I trust Fractal would not feel the need to fall into that category.

If I'm proved to be wrong, I'll get over my GAS and move on.

Last edited:
I suspect that Fractal would have agreed to a certain amount of products being made for a set price. Much better deals are to be had by companies operating in this manner......usually the more units the cheaper they are to manufacture.
Eh? The tariff would have no bearing on the already-agreed set price deal between two companies (if that is the case for Fractal, I dunno). It'd be a tax on imported goods by the US govt. on top of the agreed set price between two companies. No? Unless the Chinese company kindly lowers their price... but why would they, if by your presupposition the prices are already set?

If the price is indeed set, the tariff would raise costs for Fractal.

Last edited:
Hehe....looks like your reasoning will help me to move on and forget about the axeIII. Though I'll take a wait and see approach (no choice with that anyway lol). Definitely not willing to pay any more than the current price under any circumstance.

Last edited:
“While the U.S. tariffs may impair Chinese companies that use semiconductors, among others, the fallout will also extend to U.S. businesses that participate in the complex supply chain of chip manufacturing, according to the Semiconductor Industry Association, a U.S. trade group.”

“The tariffs will force American companies to pay duties on their own products, some of which were initially built in the U.S., the Semiconductor Industry Association said.”

https://www.thestar.com/wsj/technol...l-end-up-paying-tariffs-on-our-own-goods.html

Hehe....looks like your reasoning will help me to move on and forget about the axeIII. Though I'll take a wait and see approach (no choice with that anyway lol). Definitely not willing to pay any more than the current price under any circumstance.

It’s a pretty darn good product. I wouldn’t pay double or anything close to it, but I’d be equally happy at $2499 as I would say $2599. Extra $100 for a product I’m going to use and enjoy day after day, year after year, comes down to like a few dollars a month

It’s a pretty darn good product. I wouldn’t pay double or anything close to it, but I’d be equally happy at $2499 as I would say $2599. Extra $100 for a product I’m going to use and enjoy day after day, year after year, comes down to like a few dollars a month

I agree, from my experience using a friends axe xl they are a darn good product....great even which is why I want an axe III.

Thing is, I have got to a point of life where I am relatively well off. I've done that by making sensible financial decisions based on good principles. I get GAS like many others but I've learned to gain control of it.

Having said that, I REALLY want the axe III so I'lll see what happens. Now I'll shut up on the subject and wait n see. :)

Aren’t the DSPs made in USA? What country are they installed onto the board?

The DSP board is probably fabricated here in the US yeah. From FractalAudio's response, it seems to imply the rest of the boards, display and chassis is fabricated and assembled in china. That assembled chassis is then shipped here to the US where the DSP board is installed for final assembly, firmware install, final QA, etc...

Back
Top Bottom