Will My DAW Also See The Axe II As An Output For Monitoring?

CudBucket

Inspired
From what I've read, I believe the answer is yes. Just need confirmation. Since I'm planning on ditching my Audio Interface, I realize, I still need "something" to connect my DAW Monitors to. So, I guess I'm asking: Does the Axe II replace the interface completely? I know the USB gives me a way to get my signal into the DAW but does it also provide audio for monitoring my DAW session back to my DAW near-fields, theoretically connected to the Axe II?

Thanks.

Dave

Thanks. I appreciate you replying to my questions.

This is amazing. The Axe has actually become an even more integrated piece of the DAW.

Yep, the Axe FX II can be an interface, which means all you need is a USB connection to your DAW to record. Yesterday, Cliff and other forumites confirmed it even works with Pro Tools 9, which is hardware-independent unlike past Digidesign softwares. I'm excited!

PT9 integration is cool. I'm use Logic, but I have a buddy who has PT9 in his studio and I go over there every so often.

I still have a real interface as well, so I can use the Axe-Fx for external effects in my DAW.

If I were to use the axefx2 this way could I still achieve zero latency monitoring like I can with my mbox?

Sorry if this has been answered, but i could not find it.
If i choose USB as input for reamping, is there any way to route just 1 track to be processed with amps etc... and monitor the rest of the tracks in the same outputs without effects?

Sorry if this has been answered, but i could not find it.
If i choose USB as input for reamping, is there any way to route just 1 track to be processed with amps etc... and monitor the rest of the tracks in the same outputs without effects?

You would have to do it in the preset. Split the signal - one through the effects, the other just shunts to output.

Thanks for the answer!

I'll have to try it by myself, but doesn't look very promising. Dont get me wrong, i ordered my unit and im sure i'll love it. But when i read about the usb/reamping stuff, i had in mind something like the 11R, maybe just 1 channel used for processing and the others bypassed, so in your daw you only have to route that particular track to that "recording" output that would be sent directly to the axe-fx "processed" input.

Might be possible and i understood it wrong, sorry in advance.

Thanks for the answer!

I'll have to try it by myself, but doesn't look very promising. Dont get me wrong, i ordered my unit and im sure i'll love it. But when i read about the usb/reamping stuff, i had in mind something like the 11R, maybe just 1 channel used for processing and the others bypassed, so in your daw you only have to route that particular track to that "recording" output that would be sent directly to the axe-fx "processed" input.

Might be possible and i understood it wrong, sorry in advance.

I believe there are only 2 channels output.

I'm confused... I thought from what I read that you could plug the USB into your DAW and be able to play a piece and have the dry guitar on one track, and the processed stereo sound on two other tracks...and all this would be recorded at the same time in your DAW. This way you could have the stereo effected sound recorded, as well as the dry sound so you could use it later if needed...

Is this not true? Isn't that what he was asking?

I'm confused... I thought from what I read that you could plug the USB into your DAW and be able to play a piece and have the dry guitar on one track, and the processed stereo sound on two other tracks...and all this would be recorded at the same time in your DAW. This way you could have the stereo effected sound recorded, as well as the dry sound so you could use it later if needed...

Is this not true? Isn't that what he was asking?

Yes you can do that.

He was asking about after the dry track was recorded, playing it and other tracks back into the Axe-fx via USB.

Back
Top Bottom