Will heads explode?

Not so sure about heads exploding, but my eyes definitely hurt after trying to mentally visualise those pictures the right way up. :lol

Your head will be fine. The Fractal Gear will be fine, in fact it will likely outlive you. You might want to get a better guitar. :D

Reactions: svl
Your head will be fine. The Fractal Gear will be fine, in fact it will likely outlive you. You might want to get a better guitar. :D

I appreciate the smiley face. ;-) I have many better guitars. But the Variax has some merits as a utility instrument and with the latest setup actually plays well enough that I'll use it. When I gigged it, I used the magnetic pickup 99% of the time and then used models for different tunings and/or instruments. I play a wide variety of music, so when I added Miranda Lambert's Gunpowder and Lead, I set up the Variax with a preset for a dobro with the A string sounding as a G. Flick of a switch. I'm playing an "acoustic" gig with a friend Friday and he does songs in keys that makes playing the voicings impossible so it doesn't sound right. The Variax works better than a polyphonic drop tune pedal. So, for the right gig it has its place.

But since there is a tendency to judge gear etc.... here is a sampling of my current herd and a couple of photos of me so you know what nerd you're typing with:

I probably gig this one most often. 5708 in the bridge:

Photobucket sucks. Shows the orientation as fixed and they come up here all wonky. Screw it.

Some of me, the dweeb annoying many of you.

Good guys, but I quit this band:

After we played with Alice Cooper:

Roger McGuinn in the middle:

Awesome guitar room. This is veering off topic, but I've been debating about leaving my collection out on hangers vs in their cases. All the manufactures recommend the case, but most guitar geeks seem to have them out and accessible. Is the room temp/humidity controlled? Is dust or moisture an issue on the strings and finish? Is hanging better or worse for LPs and other fixed necks?

I realize I'm overthinking it. They're tools to be used/played. But still, I'd love some thoughts on the subject.

You might want to get a better guitar. :D

Dave beat me to it with the pics, but I still have to give you one of these: :lol

Dave, I see you still have the 335.... I want that one! But the budget won't allow it right now with the new Jeep and an AX8 in my future...

Also, those shorts aren't Gear Page approved, :eek:ffended:

Awesome guitar room. This is veering off topic, but I've been debating about leaving my collection out on hangers vs in their cases. All the manufactures recommend the case, but most guitar geeks seem to have them out and accessible. Is the room temp/humidity controlled? Is dust or moisture an issue on the strings and finish? Is hanging better or worse for LPs and other fixed necks?

I realize I'm overthinking it. They're tools to be used/played. But still, I'd love some thoughts on the subject.

During winter I run a whole house humidifier and a supplemental humidifier in theis room. I monitor humidity with two tested gauges. I worry about the acoustics way nore than the electrics. Hence the Rainsong.

They do get dust on them. I wipe them off. I change strings when I beed to. i dont worry about that part much.

Dave beat me to it with the pics, but I still have to give you one of these: :lol

Dave, I see you still have the 335.... I want that one! But the budget won't allow it right now with the new Jeep and an AX8 in my future...

Also, those shorts aren't Gear Page approved, :eek:ffended:

Yup. I wear shorts on stage during the summer. People can do what they want at their gigs. If you're at my gig and say something to me about wearing shorts on stage, I'll respond by asking why you aren't gigging somewhere in long pants. Lol.

Every time I think I'm going to sell the 335, I see someone play ine at a big show. This week it was McCartney's show.

Back
Top Bottom