Will AX8 fit height wise to a pedal train pro?

Sorry I'm not directly answering your question, but mine fits in a PT Novo 24 case. I do have it sitting at the edge of the lowest rail on the Novo so the AX8 'handle' doesn't interfere with closing the lid.

Hope that helps.

The only issue you might have is fitting the AX8 and PTPro into a bag. It will definitely NOT fit in the hard case. I found that out the hard way with my Novo 32.

I had to buy a Mono pedal board bag to fit mine, and even then the top bulges a little bit.

It will definitely NOT fit in the hard case. I found that out the hard way with my Novo 32.

That's interesting. While the PT Novo 24 and PT Novo 32 have different widths, they do have the same depth (14.5") and height (3.5").

So I could not fit my AX8 in the hard case if I put the back (connections) side of the AX8 at the edge of the highest rail of the Novo, but I am able to fit the AX8 in the hard case when I put the front side of the AX8 at the edge of the lowest rail of the Novo. It is snug, but I've not seen or experienced any issues and have been using it this way for ~9 months.

Last edited:
With my Novo 32 and the AX8 at the lowest point on the board, my hard case for the Novo would not close at all. Not even close to fitting. It needed at least another 2 inches.

I have my AX8 on my PT-Pro and using the original (black) hard case (with wheels). Works great. I believe Pedaltrain changed up the height and size of the bigger hard cases after the original PT-Pro.

I use a Pedaltrain Classic 2 with my AX8 in the standard pedal train hardcase. Its a snug fit and smushes the foam down, but id rather it not move inside than it jiggle around.

With my Novo 32 and the AX8 at the lowest point on the board, my hard case for the Novo would not close at all. Not even close to fitting. It needed at least another 2 inches.
That is really odd since they have the same height and depth dimensions. The only difference is the width which shouldn't affect the closing of the cover.

I believe Pedaltrain changed up the height and size of the bigger hard cases after the original PT-Pro.
True, but @Karl Houseknecht and I both have the Novo version with the width being the only difference. I am able to fit my AX8 into the hard case, yet Karl is stating he needs an additional 2" in order to close his case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom