Will any new IRs be included in FW9?

check out the new ownhammer IRs , works on everything ive tried it on so far and sound better than all stock irs imo, atleast its easier to dial in a good tone

Both of these collections are outstanding. I just thought that maybe some of these IRs might find their way into an official AXE FW release?

I doubt that since a single IR is less than 10 kB. But anyway, maybe some 'old' IRs could be replaced if there is not enough memory in the Axe?

I'm sorry but "old" IRs have to stay, you have 50 slots for "new" IRs, please respect people who use those "old" but still best IRs (i've tried OH and RW IRs many times but i always get back to stock ones)

Well, my experience on this is that you need to tweak amps to sound good with a perticular IR, beeing stock or not.
And with good tweaking you can make a bad or medium IR sound good...

No new IR's at this point in the new firmware.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking you will probably see new IR additions moving forward mostly in the form of special "packs" (artist or studio or whatever) on Axe-Change rather than in the factory IR slots.

Well, my experience on this is that you need to tweak amps to sound good with a perticular IR, beeing stock or not.
And with good tweaking you can make a bad or medium IR sound good...

Not true. If the IR is bad, then you can tweak all you want with extra EQ etc, it will still sound bad. You can't polish a turd. Also, some amps are not that responsive with their tone controls (Pretty much nothing happens with the tone controls when you crank a plexi), so there the IR is ever more king that it usually is. Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom