Wilkinson WVS1302P tremolo with Locking Saddles

Thanks!

What are you using for lubing? Almost all my other guitars have locking nuts so I have no experience.

#2 you are talking about the string trees. I think the primary role is to keep the same break angle as the other strings. I did wonder about that.

I also feel like the G string is the culprit on mine.

I will try the MagLok and see how it works. I also plan to take the guitar to a good luthier to get the nut slots checked out.

I use Dunlop Superlube (the little gel pen looking one). I don't have experience with much else, but it seems to work. I might take mine to my guy up here too and see if I can get the nut slotted a little better too.

I just installed these saddles on a partscaster. It's pretty fantastic, except...

I've bottomed-out on the low E (actually it's drop D) for intonation. I need to move the saddle further from the nut (tighten the intonation screw), because the 12th fret note is still about 20-cents sharp.

There are two problems: (1) the saddle spring is too long, which is easily fixed by cutting it, and (2) the string hole in the bridge plate is too far forward. The string is actually being pinched by the bridge plate and the saddle, so I can't tighten the screw any further. I'm considering cutting some material from the saddle or the bridge plate or both.

Otherwise, these saddles are so great. Hit that whammy bar, and it's still in tune. I had to do some filing at the nut to prevent string binding, but that's nothing to do with the saddles.

So beisdes the obvious (whammy vs fixed), could one compare this to evertune system?
Well, for one, I didn't have to route any wood from my guitar to install these saddles. Evertune is such a commitment because you need to heavily alter the guitar to install it.

Also, I don't need to make any changes just because I'd like to bend notes. I think you have to set the Evertune saddle into a bend-able mode.

These locking saddles + locking tuners + tusq nut gives me the ability to bend and whammy as much as I want and it stays in tune. And all of those components can be changed without making huge modifications to the guitar body. I don't know what Evertune gives you that's better than that.

Really, is that so? Hmmmm

So beisdes the obvious (whammy vs fixed), could one compare this to evertune system?

I don't think so. Its got probably 90+% of the tuning stability of a Floyd but the tone of a conventional Fender trem bridge. I don't think anything has got the stability of an Evertune.
But as John Suhr (as to the Evertune) put it, "I don't think that the juice is worth the squeeze".

I just installed these saddles on a partscaster. It's pretty fantastic, except...

I've bottomed-out on the low E (actually it's drop D) for intonation. I need to move the saddle further from the nut (tighten the intonation screw), because the 12th fret note is still about 20-cents sharp.

There are two problems: (1) the saddle spring is too long, which is easily fixed by cutting it, and (2) the string hole in the bridge plate is too far forward. The string is actually being pinched by the bridge plate and the saddle, so I can't tighten the screw any further. I'm considering cutting some material from the saddle or the bridge plate or both.

Otherwise, these saddles are so great. Hit that whammy bar, and it's still in tune. I had to do some filing at the nut to prevent string binding, but that's nothing to do with the saddles.
When I put these saddles on my DK-24 I ended up using the stock springs that were shorter.

Back
Top Bottom