Wildcard

Everything working, except on one patch the wild card is defaulting to "on" and can't get it set to begin in "off". Ideas? Thanks!

I don't know why that would happen if you're taking the correct steps to set & store as off. The "save edits" feature (see manual section 12.5.22) may be worth trying (and easier to use) if you've been editing/saving IA states via menus so far.

If it's not user error, it sounds like a weird random problem that might not have a clear solution. If you can post a video of the steps taken to store the IA state, that might be useful.

What happens if you copy the Axe-FX preset to another location and try saving the IA state on, then off?

Gave up on Wild Cards, a while back, and still trying. I get everything now except I can toggle it on...but won't toggle back off??? Ideas?

I just reset the MFC101 and when follow directions to a T, it turn son all the IA switches on that patch and doesn't allow me to turn them off? Confused as I'm typically really good with programming stuff on Axe Fx II.

Last edited:
Does the LED turn off? If it does, check the IA's on & off values. Maybe they're set for 127/127 instead of 127/0.

Does the LED turn off? If it does, check the IA's on & off values. Maybe they're set for 127/127 instead of 127/0.
LED turns on and off for IA #14.....but it won't toggle the flanger I have assigned off. Additionally when I switch it on it turns flanger on and every other IA switch in preset. Check midi assignment on Axe Fx and only ext 12 has midi #27 assigned to it. I'm totally clueless as to what the issue is????

Do other effects turn on when all the IA switches go on? Did you notice if the current scene # changed when this happened? All I can think of is it's actually triggering a scene change. Does the flanger's bypass modifier dot move fully left & right if you view it on the front panel while using the switch?

Using latest firmware on both Axe & MFC? I'd try a reset to defaults on the MFC, then the bank size trick (change to different bank size & back) which sometimes corrects unexpected MFC problems after FW updates.

1st press on wild card activates and turns on the flanger it's assigned to and IA turns green. Second press turns green light off but Flanger doesn't bypass as it should. 3rd press turns all IA's on with green lights and unbypasses in layout grid. Using latest 6.02 firmware for Axe Fx II and MFC101 has the 3.08, which is latest as well. Reset MFC101...same problem.

Try switching the MFC bank size to a different number and back.

See what happens if you set up another wildcard IA using the CC# of a different Ext Ctrl, and assign that to something else. Does it work as expected?

Try switching the MFC bank size to a different number and back.

See what happens if you set up another wildcard IA using the CC# of a different Ext Ctrl, and assign that to something else. Does it work as expected?

Tried switching bank size and then back. Nada. Tried setting up Ext10 instead of 12. Nada. I give up as I did last summer. This is impossible to do.....

This: Next, use the PAGE arrow to go right one time. the Screen should say IA01 c1 CC#001 Ch01.

It states to use IA01. I was but my IA was 13. Wasn't clear. I even tried IA13before this and wouldn't work....but then it finally did???

It seems like it's best to configure (2) wildcard switches... one programmed with OFF state the other programmed with ON state.. Right?

Back
Top Bottom