Wildcard set up is awesome!!

The vaguest post of all time lol. Still, I'm curious to know what you mean by this. Happy Holidays guys!

You know what I have been thinking about this for the last week and a half.
I wondered if there was a way to use my FCB1010 in stomp box mode but have the stops do different things in different presets.

I have been using a wildcard setup ever since I went down the fractal route... works wonderfully well.

I use something similar, but didn't think to call it "wildcard" hehe. I have a Roland FC-300 midi controller and the expression pedals have toe switches assigned to EXT2 and EXT4. On presets where I'm not using the expression pedals I assign bypass state control to EXT2 or EXT4 so that I can use the toe switches to control whatever blocks I assign them to. This leaves my 1-5 footswitch controls available for selecting scenes in CC mode.

Basically allows a IA slot to be designated per patch. It can be anything you desire and several things at once, regarding changes. Check it out.....wonderfully useful!

Ah! Yes. I've done that with my FCB1010 with some of the UNO stompbox mode switches. I was thinking about doing that with all of the stompbox switches, instead of dedicating them to particular functions.

Also, if you do that, you can have the same switch do several things. For instance turn on delay, turn on a drive, and bypass reverb, all at the same time. The only thing you can't do that way, as far as I can tell, is switch between X&Y for a block.

X/Y cannot be assigned to a modifier, so you can't use it with wildcards the same way you can assignable parameters. You can assign a particular block's X/Y CC number to be the same as the desired wildcard external controller, however that assignment will be system wide and would not be changeable per preset.

Scenes can also be used for many of the same features as wildcards and more, like X/Y, that won't work with wildcards. The additional modifiers used by wildcards may also consume a small amount more CPU as well. Scene controllers can also be used in place of choosing desired min/max values for wildcard modifiers as well.

My personal favorite wildcard use is for Wah/Volume switching. I've got a single expression pedal assigned to both Wah and Vol/Pan blocks and I use a wildcard IA to toggle between the two as needed on the fly independent of scenes. You assign the wildcard controller to the bypass mode of both the Wah and Vol/Pan blocks and then swap the start and end values on one of the two modifiers. Hitting the IA then toggles one on and the other off. Just make sure you've got auto engage for both blocks turned off so it doesn't interfere with the wildcard. This setup goes in all my presets with the Wah off and Vol/Pan on by default.

Back
Top Bottom