Widescreen resolution request

I'd like to request that for the next revision of Axe-Edit for the II models, please add a fullscreen resolution option for widescreen 27" iMac users.

That is all. Thanks.

I basically asked for the same thing for AxeEdit III and was informed that it probably wasn't going to ever happen.

That's helpful information. Thanks. Now...as for this request. Having a fullscreen option is pretty much standard for every piece of software out there. It can't be difficult to implement. It's something I expect on any software I use. Since the days of the 4:3 aspect ratio monitor are history, I REALLY think that this feature needs to be added.

I'd also like to point out that the various effects block icons themselves are rather "minecrafty", blocky and low resolution in appearance, compared to the rest of the interface. Perhaps those should be redrawn at full resolution as well.

You are preaching to the choir. I've been a Mac user starting in 1988 and exclusively since 2004. I want the same things.

Well, the Mac is great for using with Axe-Edit and other music related applications but for daily use I have always been and always will be someone who prefers PCs for most purposes. Something about having a true multi-button mouse among other things.

I just don't get why Apple hasn't figured that out in about 40 years in the computer industry.

They also aren't getting the idea that maybe we actually DO want touch screens. But I get the resistance there. Many die-hard mac users seem to be neat freaks and nothing freaks out someone who insists on cleaning everything every ten minutes as much as a computer monitor that has to be touched to use it. :eek:;) I just cleaned it! :mad: Now I have to touch it to open my email! :confused: :rolleyes::p

Some of my revenue stream is based on repairing and refurbishing macs. I can also do that to PCs but macs are substantially more profitable to repair and resell.

It's been requested many times...

It won't happen. There are too many things in the interface that require fixed dimensions or ratios. Otherwise things would start looking wonky.

The best you will get is the max size based on a specific aspect ratio.

Don't think I'm going to switch to a Helix or a Kemper over this, but I do just want to point out that being responsive to customer requests is an important part of doing business in this day and age. If enough people want a specific change in the software, then the correct answer is "It'll be implemented in the next update" and no excuses. Especially when that change is to support a feature that's so common in virtually all current software packages in production that it isn't even noticed except by its absence.

We want a full screen interface. Period. So the software developers may have to dedicate several hours of their time to making it happen. Well, that's what it takes to answer the requests of the customers. Maybe they should do that rather than imply that it's going to be kind of difficult. Well, the difficulty level is nothing compared to building a whole new product and its software from scratch. Like the AFIII.

Just give us a full frame window and increase the spacing between the blocks. It can't be THAT hard. It's a matter of having a neat and focused appearance. We're not asking for anything major.

Don't think I'm going to switch to a Helix or a Kemper over this, but I do just want to point out that being responsive to customer requests is an important part of doing business in this day and age. If enough people want a specific change in the software, then the correct answer is "It'll be implemented in the next update" and no excuses. Especially when that change is to support a feature that's so common in virtually all current software packages in production that it isn't even noticed except by its absence.

We want a full screen interface. Period. So the software developers may have to dedicate several hours of their time to making it happen. Well, that's what it takes to answer the requests of the customers. Maybe they should do that rather than imply that it's going to be kind of difficult. Well, the difficulty level is nothing compared to building a whole new product and its software from scratch. Like the AFIII.

Just give us a full frame window and increase the spacing between the blocks. It can't be THAT hard. It's a matter of having a neat and focused appearance. We're not asking for anything major.
You've claimed twice that "it's not that hard", and now you suggest "several hours" to fix it.

I would respectfully propose that you don't know what you are talking about.

Many customers want many things. Axe Edit is a FREE tool that Fractal gives us. It didn't always exist.

I'll defer any other comments to Fractal staff...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

:eek:

Run away... Run away... :p

In all seriousness though, it's really not such a big deal. It would be nice to have a larger screen area that would make it easier to read but in the end, it is a free tool after all and it does perform its intended function quite well.

I'm happy to have regular updates to this free software which other manufacturers -- I'm looking at you Boss -- don't provide worth a hoot.

Is it wrong to ask for a feature that's so commonplace in other software that it's not even touted as a feature? Of course not. What software do you run every day that doesn't have a full screen option?

I want that. I'll be happy if it's provided at some point. I'm not alone in my wish for this. It's not a big deal but it'd be nice to have it. The request has been made. How Fractal chooses to address it is up to them but don't get on me for daring to ask for a product feature improvement. Isn't that one of the purposes of this forum?

Is it wrong to ask for a feature that's so commonplace in other software that it's not even touted as a feature? Of course not. What software do you run every day that doesn't have a full screen option?

I want that. I'll be happy if it's provided at some point. I'm not alone in my wish for this. It's not a big deal but it'd be nice to have it. The request has been made. How Fractal chooses to address it is up to them but don't get on me for daring to ask for a product feature improvement. Isn't that one of the purposes of this forum?
I agree that you are free to wish for it.

I'm only trying to point out that it's not a new request and the challenges have been pointed out in those prior requests.

This will be my last comment on this thread. Wish away :)

So the software developers may have to dedicate several hours of their time to making it happen.

Well, the difficulty level is nothing compared to building a whole new product and its software from scratch. Like the AFIII.

It can't be THAT hard.

We're not asking for anything major.
these statements all seem very certain. how do you know? only several hours? not difficult? not hard? not a major change?

wishing is great and it's what brings new ideas and features. this wish is a great idea. the assumption of how easy it should be is what i disagree with and question.

these statements all seem very certain. how do you know? only several hours? not difficult? not hard? not a major change?

wishing is great and it's what brings new ideas and features. this wish is a great idea. the assumption of how easy it should be is what i disagree with and question.
This.

Consider this when asking for wishes from any company that runs a forum like this: you're at their place of work when you post at them. Given that, wow would you like if I showed up where you work, stood over your shoulder and told you how easy your job was all day long?

Betcha that'd suck, right? :D

In response to that, what I've asked for is a change to the visual elements of the UI. I am reasonably certain that just doing that is easier for a programmer than it would be to make fundamental changes to how the whole software package operates.

OK, fine, FA doesn't want to do this. I find that to be a bit unusual given that I literally can't think of a single modern software application that doesn't have a full screen UI option that fits the UI to the full frame. To me that's as unexpected as finding a gaming software company that only sells their games on physical media and doesn't offer electronic delivery here and now in the end of 2018. So very much "Not with the times" that it's really very odd.

I'd wager that 90 percent of Fractal users today run Axe-Edit on computers equipped with a widescreen display. What more motivation could you NEED than to understand that this is the standard today?

Axe-FX modelling amps: Cutting edge technology. Incredible products.
Axe-Edit software to work with it: Visually dated, stuck in the past, no widescreen full frame option. BIZARRE. Still a great product, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom