Wicked game , my second Thread.....

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi Everyone ,
Here s the second thread i m posting on the forum , the first one was for "brothers in arms " and i thank again those who have answered and given me advices , especially Moke who has posted a preset that i m impatient to try!!!! i ll do it as soon as possible .
i d like to ask you about an other tune i d like to play with my band and i have always looked for a beautiful sound to play this tune , the song is " Wicked Game " by C.Isaak and the guitar sound of Hershel Yatovitz ,
here sa piece of the interview he has given for Fractal because Hershel uses the Axe;

"The key component of the “Wicked Game” tone is lush delay and reverb. It’s remarkably lush and very organic in a clean way - not too washed out. The clarity of the reverb in the Axe-Fx is really nice - you can use a lot of it without losing the note content.

To dial that one in, I start with a clean boost with a treble boost into a multi-band compressor which gives a very transparent compression compared to a stomp box. From there it’s into a volume pedal to a stereo delay and hall reverb. For the amps, I use two Twin Reverbs with the bright switches on. Use the middle and neck pickups of a Strat-style guitar for that out-of-phase sound. Secret revealed.

The original recording is a Strat into a ’64 Fender Deluxe Reverb. It’s a very layered sound, comped from different takes. There are multiple tracks ringing simultaneously, cross-fading multiple parts with the delay added in post."
So here s the equation to solve to recreate as close as possible the "Wicked Game" beautiful tone and to me a fantastic taste of guitar .....i did not manage to solve it , i did not find the solution....setting one amp and cab is already difficult so making sound together two is really a nightmarre , i did not begin to add any effect to the patch i ve started to create....
so if there were people who are good in maths and who like to solve this huge equation and who like the song , i really appreciate sharing advices , presets or everything you want !!!!!
Fabrice

This is an older preset I made a few years ago, but it still holds up. I should rework it for Q7...

I no longer have that MJT Strat, unfortunately.

Thanks mate however thats$50 in these parts - bit exxy for me as I don't know how they will sound on my guitar sorry.thanks anyway - lovely sound
Pauly

Here's a few tips for that sound Pauly :

Chain : Treble Booster => Multiband comp => VOL => Stereo Tape delay => two amps => Stereo cab => Reverb

Treble Booster : drive 3.73, Tone 5, Low cut 1000, Mix 41%, Level 7
Delay : 402 ms, 35 % repeat, 24 % mix
Amp 1 : 6G4 Super, Drive 4 input trim 0.5, "input select" left
Amp 2 : Double Verb Norm, drive 3, "input select" right
I use custom made IRs
Reverb : Rich Hall, 3.60 sec,
70 % input gain, Mix 100% (on a parallel line)

For a thinner tone, which would be a little more close to the original (too thin for me), raise the low cut in the treble booster (default is 2000)

Here's a few tips for that sound Pauly :

Chain : Treble Booster => Multiband comp => VOL => Stereo Tape delay => two amps => Stereo cab => Reverb

Treble Booster : drive 3.73, Tone 5, Low cut 1000, Mix 41%, Level 7
Delay : 402 ms, 35 % repeat, 24 % mix
Amp 1 : 6G4 Super, Drive 4 input trim 0.5, "input select" left
Amp 2 : Double Verb Norm, drive 3, "input select" right
I use custom made IRs
Reverb : Rich Hall, 3.60 sec,
70 % input gain, Mix 100% (on a parallel line)

For a thinner tone, which would be a little more close to the original (too thin for me), raise the low cut in the treble booster (default is 2000)
Always a great heart :D

The OP contacted me and had me make a custom preset for him for this song. This is the clip that I sent him for approval. First with a backing track then alone.....I was a bit out of tune...sorry

Hey Moke I don't see where I can buy that "Wicked Game" preset on your web site I looked over the custom presets.
Thanks nickxmix

@Moke did not say the preset was for sale, he said the OP contacted him.about having a preset made.

However, @fremen DID say there was a preset in one of his collections.

Hello ! Just in case you've missed this :

I followed Hershel's guidance for that one. I made it a little thicker on purpose

When are you updating to 8.02? I have purchased your spectacular presets in the past-highly recommended!

Back
Top Bottom