• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wicked game , my second Thread.....

fafakiwi

Inspired
Hi Everyone ,
Here s the second thread i m posting on the forum , the first one was for "brothers in arms " and i thank again those who have answered and given me advices , especially Moke who has posted a preset that i m impatient to try!!!! i ll do it as soon as possible .
i d like to ask you about an other tune i d like to play with my band and i have always looked for a beautiful sound to play this tune , the song is " Wicked Game " by C.Isaak and the guitar sound of Hershel Yatovitz ,
here sa piece of the interview he has given for Fractal because Hershel uses the Axe;

"The key component of the “Wicked Game” tone is lush delay and reverb. It’s remarkably lush and very organic in a clean way - not too washed out. The clarity of the reverb in the Axe-Fx is really nice - you can use a lot of it without losing the note content.

To dial that one in, I start with a clean boost with a treble boost into a multi-band compressor which gives a very transparent compression compared to a stomp box. From there it’s into a volume pedal to a stereo delay and hall reverb. For the amps, I use two Twin Reverbs with the bright switches on. Use the middle and neck pickups of a Strat-style guitar for that out-of-phase sound. Secret revealed.

The original recording is a Strat into a ’64 Fender Deluxe Reverb. It’s a very layered sound, comped from different takes. There are multiple tracks ringing simultaneously, cross-fading multiple parts with the delay added in post."
So here s the equation to solve to recreate as close as possible the "Wicked Game" beautiful tone and to me a fantastic taste of guitar .....i did not manage to solve it , i did not find the solution....setting one amp and cab is already difficult so making sound together two is really a nightmarre , i did not begin to add any effect to the patch i ve started to create....
so if there were people who are good in maths and who like to solve this huge equation and who like the song , i really appreciate sharing advices , presets or everything you want !!!!!
Fabrice

iaresee

This is an older preset I made a few years ago, but it still holds up. I should rework it for Q7...

I no longer have that MJT Strat, unfortunately.

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Thanks mate however thats$50 in these parts - bit exxy for me as I don't know how they will sound on my guitar sorry.thanks anyway - lovely sound
Pauly

fremen

Fractal Fanatic
Here's a few tips for that sound Pauly :

Chain : Treble Booster => Multiband comp => VOL => Stereo Tape delay => two amps => Stereo cab => Reverb

Treble Booster : drive 3.73, Tone 5, Low cut 1000, Mix 41%, Level 7
Delay : 402 ms, 35 % repeat, 24 % mix
Amp 1 : 6G4 Super, Drive 4 input trim 0.5, "input select" left
Amp 2 : Double Verb Norm, drive 3, "input select" right
I use custom made IRs
Reverb : Rich Hall, 3.60 sec,
70 % input gain, Mix 100% (on a parallel line)

For a thinner tone, which would be a little more close to the original (too thin for me), raise the low cut in the treble booster (default is 2000)

spx90

Forum Addict
Here's a few tips for that sound Pauly :

Chain : Treble Booster => Multiband comp => VOL => Stereo Tape delay => two amps => Stereo cab => Reverb

Treble Booster : drive 3.73, Tone 5, Low cut 1000, Mix 41%, Level 7
Delay : 402 ms, 35 % repeat, 24 % mix
Amp 1 : 6G4 Super, Drive 4 input trim 0.5, "input select" left
Amp 2 : Double Verb Norm, drive 3, "input select" right
I use custom made IRs
Reverb : Rich Hall, 3.60 sec,
70 % input gain, Mix 100% (on a parallel line)

For a thinner tone, which would be a little more close to the original (too thin for me), raise the low cut in the treble booster (default is 2000)
Always a great heart :D

nickxmix

Inspired
The OP contacted me and had me make a custom preset for him for this song. This is the clip that I sent him for approval. First with a backing track then alone.....I was a bit out of tune...sorry

Hey Moke I don't see where I can buy that "Wicked Game" preset on your web site I looked over the custom presets.
Thanks nickxmix

unix-guy

Legend!
@Moke did not say the preset was for sale, he said the OP contacted him.about having a preset made.

However, @fremen DID say there was a preset in one of his collections.

xprophet

Inspired
Hello ! Just in case you've missed this :

I followed Hershel's guidance for that one. I made it a little thicker on purpose
When are you updating to 8.02? I have purchased your spectacular presets in the past-highly recommended!

Top Bottom