Why would anyone sell their Axe-Fx 3 if it's so great?

jageya

Inspired
I see a bunch for sale now since the fm3 was announced and wonder. I mean the fm3 isnt even close to the racks featureset and adding the fc6 to the rack really makes it a beast. A rack isnt any more cumbersome to gig with (locally) then an amp head. Straight to FOH and you are done.

Maybe some guys want to recoup the $$$ diff between the 3 and the fm3 and get the fm3? Or want a smaller rig and have the fc6/12 already so dont use all the extra stuff the ax3 offers anyhow?

I personally would never sell my axeIII for an FM3. Small size blah blah.. who cares. I can do boatloads of stuff with the III that the FM3 cant dream of. Makes no sense to me. I'd like to have an FM3 as a grab and go but that's it, it's not replacing anything.

I personally would never sell my axeIII for an FM3. Small size blah blah.. who cares. I can do boatloads of stuff with the III that the FM3 cant dream of. Makes no sense to me. I'd like to have an FM3 as a grab and go but that's it, it's not replacing anything.
Agreed. I may get a FM3 in addition, but I'd probably never sell the Axe Fx III.

I see a bunch for sale now since the fm3 was announced and wonder. I mean the fm3 isnt even close to the racks featureset and adding the fc6 to the rack really makes it a beast. A rack isnt any more cumbersome to gig with (locally) then an amp head. Straight to FOH and you are done.

Maybe some guys want to recoup the $$$ diff between the 3 and the fm3 and get the fm3? Or want a smaller rig and have the fc6/12 already so dont use all the extra stuff the ax3 offers anyhow?

I think maybe a lot of people
Dont need that much power
So if they sell the 3 grab the FM and FC 6 they save 500 bucks and still have a pretty versatile rig

If it provides everything you need = answer to the original question. My concern is longevity. The AX3 will likely never run out of anything. If the FM3 is in the ballpark with the AX8 just updated to accept the new operating system, etc. then what is it's likely life span? Within the last few months there have been numerous firmware updates....some I was able to skip over.

You get those people who say no matter what they think a real amp always sounds better, no matter the volume. And they also claim that in a blind listening test they can ALWAYS tell the difference between the AxeFx and a real amp. And then they fail a blind listening test in an epic fashion and can’t identify which clip is a real amp and which one is the AxeFx. But they still hold on to their belief that amps are so much better.

Those are the people who probably end up selling their AxeFx after they complain and criticize on this board.

You get those people who say no matter what they think a real amp always sounds better, no matter the volume.

But they wouldn't sell the 3 to get the smaller FM3. The Axe 3 was a game changer. The II and previous versions were not in that ballpark. The 3 is a different league and so if someone does not need all the power the 3 possesses and the FM3 sound quality is on par then many will find the FM3 advantageous as it provides what they need in a great price point and size. It's o.k.

You get those people who say no matter what they think a real amp always sounds better, no matter the volume. And they also claim that in a blind listening test they can ALWAYS tell the difference between the AxeFx and a real amp. And then they fail a blind listening test in an epic fashion and can’t identify which clip is a real amp and which one is the AxeFx. But they still hold on to their belief that amps are so much better.

Those are the people who probably end up selling their AxeFx after they complain and criticize on this board.
I'd guess more sell because they are unable to control/master the unit and to them it sounds like "poo". Nothing to do with the product tho'. :)
My $0.02

I think maybe a lot of people
Dont need that much power
So if they sell the 3 grab the FM and FC 6 they save 500 bucks and still have a pretty versatile rig
For $500 diff i would rather have the axefx3-i mean its the ultimate unit really in the end.Boatloads of space for years to come developement.

Sometimes the best (modeler) is not the best choice for everyone.

I love my Axe FX II XL+ but after spending time with it, I felt the AX-8 was a better choice.

If it provides everything you need = answer to the original question. My concern is longevity. The AX3 will likely never run out of anything. If the FM3 is in the ballpark with the AX8 just updated to accept the new operating system, etc. then what is it's likely life span? Within the last few months there have been numerous firmware updates....some I was able to skip over.
Agree on this for sure. The ax3 is really the longevity king.

Back
Top Bottom