Why was the Sat switch moved to the Advanced tab in the Amp block?

It's not that I'm so opposed to it, I just don't see what the big deal is. It's not like it's a huge workflow issue, one mouse click and you are where you need to be.

It's not like you're having to dig around through a bunch of sub-menus to find it.

Yeah, but those single mouse clicks add up and over time they could wind up wasting like, say, an entire minute! :eek:

It's not that I'm so opposed to it, I just don't see what the big deal is. It's not like it's a huge workflow issue, one mouse click and you are where you need to be.

It's not like you're having to dig around through a bunch of sub-menus to find it.

You do know that there are those who do not use AxeEdit, right? It being put back to how it was would have no effect on you, but enhance other people's user experience.

Like Cliff said, it has three positions now. The switches under the controls are limited to on/off type switching because that's the way it works when editing from the front panel. He'd have to redo those switches to allow them to cycle through more than just two states as you hit the enter button. Would have to change how they are displayed on the LCD as well to reflect multiple states. Sounds like a lot of work.

Like Cliff said, it has three positions now. The switches under the controls are limited to on/off type switching because that's the way it works when editing from the front panel. He'd have to redo those switches to allow them to cycle through more than just two states as you hit the enter button. Would have to change how they are displayed on the LCD as well to reflect multiple states. Sounds like a lot of work.

No. As I believe someone mentioned earlier, he could just put an on off switch where the Saturation switch used to be and then have the authentic/ideal setting on the advanced page. I doubt many people would need the ability to go back and forth between the two modes to be readily accessible. Of course, that's coming from someone that doesn't really use saturation.

I made a thread about this a week or two ago. I agree. Would love to see a solution where we get the sat switch back on the main page. I'd actually quite like the saturation 'behaviour' option (ideal or authentic) to be a global setting. I personally always use ideal.

Back
Top Bottom