Why was the AX8 not upgraded to Ares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi would this incorporate new effects? As I’m desperate for a tri stereo chorus or just amp modelling ?

I would check out the release notes for the Axe Fx II . To my understanding it won't include anything additional to what's ported to the II and don't recall Tri-chorus being added, but maybe I'm wrong...

Excellent!

With a bit more clearness and the "raw" character of Ares (supposing the same change as in AxeFX2 last FW) the AX8 will remain as a cheaper all-in-one solution.

Is a smart move from Cliff as the company "culture" of generous updates remains solid. There's no prejudice, as the AX8 users will migrate to newer units in the future, anyway.

FM3 comes as modular and future proof live solution.

Cliff's being fixing and adding nice stuff for the AFXIII's 9.XX FW, so if he's willing to implement those changes for the II/AX8 port, another couple of weeks of waiting would be totally worth for me. :)

Cliff's being fixing and adding nice stuff for the AFXIII's 9.XX FW, so if he's willing to implement those changes for the II/AX8 port, another couple of weeks of waiting would be totally worth for me. :)
Sure, I'm not in a hurry. I just asked. That's all. :)

One of the reasons, Jaroslav, that people sometimes make replies like A.J. did is that we're ALL waiting breathlessly for some of the things that Cliff has indicated are coming. However, he's also indicated that to do what he's attempting to do is super-difficult... so there will likely be unforeseen snags and delays, before it's completed.
Also, there are always bug fixes that are necessitated when new software architecture gets rolled out. Beta testers have to get beta versions, find bugs, report back, then Fractal spends time trying to correct those bugs, send out new betas, etc before it gets rolled out to us. Nobody– even geniuses like Cliff– can really predict how long that process will take.
So, it's best for us all to chill, be patient, and wait for it all to occur. We'd ALL like to know how long the wait will be. But nobody– including Cliff– really knows the answer.

One of the reasons, Jaroslav, that people sometimes make replies like A.J. did is that we're ALL waiting breathlessly for some of the things that Cliff has indicated are coming. However, he's also indicated that to do what he's attempting to do is super-difficult... so there will likely be unforeseen snags and delays, before it's completed.
Also, there are always bug fixes that are necessitated when new software architecture gets rolled out. Beta testers have to get beta versions, find bugs, report back, then Fractal spends time trying to correct those bugs, send out new betas, etc before it gets rolled out to us. Nobody– even geniuses like Cliff– can really predict how long that process will take.
So, it's best for us all to chill, be patient, and wait for it all to occur. We'd ALL like to know how long the wait will be. But nobody– including Cliff– really knows the answer.

Dear Paul, I realize all of this. The Fractal team certainly does a great job. I also work with very demanding clients and I have to deal with difficult tasks... Do not worry. :) I just kindly asked if anyone had any new information. That's all... That's a problem? Not allowed in this forum? Asking questions?

I just kindly asked if anyone had any new information. That's all... That's a problem? Not allowed in this forum?
As of course you know, it's allowed on the Forum. It's a free country, so ask whatever you want.
It's just that there is NO "anyone" who will have or post new information, other than Cliff. And we long-time Fractal users have learned that there aren't anything other than little hints dropped about future plans, until the thing itself drops.
It may be different with other companies... but that's how THIS one has rolled, since the beginning.

@developdevice Absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions, I'm pretty sure FAS created this Forum in order to encourage it...

What we've seen since the FM3 announcement is an increasingly amount of posts and threads of people not asking, but demanding information about any single step Cliff and Co is making in order to put the FM3 out. Directly or indirectly this has involved the AX8 and people like you and me are eager to know and enjoy all the goodies ARES is bringing to the Axe Fx II crowd's table, and I really think that's fair and square.

All this demand has been keeping the FAS Forums' crowd somewhat agitated and defensive when it comes to people making threads like this (no offense to the OP) about something that has already been discussed and even has an official announcement backing it just a few days prior and we could've avoid it by using the 'search' option (again, nothing against the OP). As @paulasbell said, no one but Cliff & Co has the right answers and we only could rely on the traditional 'Soon' response for all things FW updates, but my best suggestion is keeping and eye on the search button by member and follow @FractalAudio That's what I do...

Last edited:
@developdevice Absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions, I'm pretty sure FAS created this Forum in order to encourage it...

What we've seen since the FM3 announcement is an increasingly amount of posts and threads of people not asking, but demanding information about any single step Cliff and Co is making in order to put the FM3 out. Directly or indirectly this has involved the AX8 and people like you and me are eager to know and enjoy all the goodies ARES is bringing to the Axe Fx II crowd's table, and I really think that's fair and square.

All this demand has been keeping the FAS Forums' crowd somewhat agitated and defensive when it comes to people making threads like this (no offense to the OP) about something that has already been discussed and even has an official announcement backing it just a few days prior and we could've avoid it by using the 'search' option (again, nothing against the OP). As @paulasbell said, no one but Cliff & Co has the right answers and we only could rely on the traditional 'Soon' response for all things FW updates, but my best suggestion is keeping and eye on the search button by member and follow @FractalAudio That's what I do...
If I was Cliff, I'd release a weekly report on some well-demanded stuff. It will courage the community and give me happiness to see people "hooray". But of coz I'm not Cliff, and everyone has his own style to do something. Some people used to be quiet and throw you a bomb, and see the community is blown with smile on face :)

This is not a demand or what to Cliff. No attack please.

If I was Cliff, I'd release a weekly report on some well-demanded stuff.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. It would be great to have weekly updates on this highly anticipated stuff. I know from my own experience that (my) customers will appreciate it. But as he said @Kurapica. Every person can have a different approach to how things do.

I'm amazed at the transparency coming from Cliff through the years. Companies hardly ever provide a running status of something coming out soon, unless it is some kind of defect, and has a lot of urgency, which this is neither.

All this back and forth with "wonder what will happen" - "anybody know anything" - "if I had to guess, I'd say ..." - is a benefit of forums like this. No one knows any more than they did 20 posts ago, except that they are not alone in their ignorance and anticipation, and that's useful information.

Reactions: J.J
Is a healthy life cycle defined by years of updates or simply by years of being a well made product that sounds great ?

It’s not like the Ax8 CPU suddenly stopped working, it sounds as good as it ever did, no?

Most products we buy based upon how they work at the time..... when I bought a pedal or amp it was about what features it had and how it sounded. I didn’t buy a pedal expecting to send it in every few months and have them add extra knobs or something.

Buying a product not for what it is, but for what we hope it may be seems like quite a good way to be nothing but disappointed.
Nope disagree and my Helix gets same comments. These are now sold with the premise of updates and improvements, no offence but if developers promise, they can’t change the story to you knew what you were buying’ especially when other Fractal products are being updated still

Sorry, I buy FAS product based upon how they works at the time, but also how they works 5 years later. If FAS doesn't have long time upgrade, Line6 may be a better choice.
Totally agree! They update, improve and support. At least that’s what the sales pitch is. Otherwise who would have bought one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom