Why was Output 2 designed to be wideband?

If you feel that there is too much noise doing it in this manner, Fractal will mod the box for you to reduce the noise 3-5db, but it will not be a wideband output and it may color the tone. Doing both is impossible due to the laws of physics.

Noise is reduced 15-20dB. No, it didn't color the tone; it sounds like output 1. But do as you please! 8)

I don't understand what's missing from the explanation Cliff, the designer of the machine, gave. Going from Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog creates noise. It's a wideband output so that it doesn't color the tone in any way, which also passes the noise, but within the factory specs of 110db. This means that if you wish to use any sort of outboard processing and don't want your tone to be colored by the output of the axe fx, use Output 2. If you feel that there is too much noise doing it in this manner, Fractal will mod the box for you to reduce the noise 3-5db, but it will not be a wideband output and it may color the tone. Doing both is impossible due to the laws of physics.

How is that not a thorough explanation? If you're wanting to know why he decided to make it wideband, he even explained that. He said it was because he was getting complaints that output 2 of the gen 1 units was coloring the tone, so he decided to make it wideband for the gen 2 units. There's no guessing going on here; that's the answer from the designer. Nobody is attacking for asking "potentially negative questions about the almighty Axe-FX II". It's just that this question has been asked several times by the thread starter even after the answers have been given in his other threads.

Excuse me but :
What the fuck is wideband output. The bandwidth is supposed to have a figure , like "10 Hz- 15 kHz" or something.
The sampling rate is 48kHz wich means it could work up to 24kHz. If the bandwidth is limited to 10kHz with the mod i sure would like to know before considering doing it.

It's hard to discuse anything without a specification.

Also, it seems worth mentioning, the hiss becomes very apparent when you are passing very low level signals out of output 2.

For those using output 2 with amp blocks in the preset, that is not the complaint (as I read it).

Richard

headband

mcenroe-380x361.jpg

gastric band

virtual-gastric-band.png

wide band

ELF%20Wide%20BandPass%20Filter.jpg

narrow mind

close+minded.jpg

victoria's secret model

V283127.jpg

...ahhh...feeling better now...​

Reactions: jon
It got real quiet around here. I think they've all wondered off to the gysmnasium for a work work out.

Lots of rediculus comments in this thread. Not very scientific at all.
Why is it so hard to be a little serius on this forum. If somebody can't handle another guys experience why not just leave it. Or maybe we should have a folder where all posts says how awesome the axe is in all respects. Then nobody would have to get hurt by some guys ideas (complains)(if they are sensitive).
It would probably not help in developing the product though.

I'm going to send mine to G66 for a mod. I can spare it a week, not a big deal for me.

I don't really need explanations by FAS, only thing that matters to me is that the issue may be solved.

While they're at it, gonna have that fan replaced aswell.

Lots of rediculus comments in this thread. Not very scientific at all.
Why is it so hard to be a little serius on this forum. If somebody can't handle another guys experience why not just leave it. Or maybe we should have a folder where all posts says how awesome the axe is in all respects. Then nobody would have to get hurt by some guys ideas (complains)(if they are sensitive).
It would probably not help in developing the product though.

"...be a little serious..." ????!!?? Hey, last time I checked there were 2 threads going on this topic alone, and this one was pretty much nothing but intense discussion on the topic for 7+ pages. That qualifies as "a little serious in" my book. Now, whether some of the techie mumbo-jumbo is accurate or not - that's another story and beyond my knowledge, interest level or comprehension.

At the moment, my stance - being someone who has pretty much stood on the sidelines of this debate as I have no horse in this race - is that it is time to step back and allow things to happen (or NOT), and in the meantime, don't forget to enjoy life: play your guitar, take a nice walk in the sun, shtup your significant other. After all of the salient points have been exhausted, eventually there is nothing left than a huge sucking of all the air in the room coming from threads like this one, and becomes tedious, pointless, exhausting, aggravating, etc.

Now, go back and take a look at that Victoria's Secret model and tell me that - at least for a minute or so - the hiss from Output 2 is still THE MOST important/interesting thing going on in your life! LOL j/k

I'm going to send mine to G66 for a mod. I can spare it a week, not a big deal for me.

I don't really need explanations by FAS, only thing that matters to me is that the issue may be solved.

While they're at it, gonna have that fan replaced aswell.

Awesome..they replaced my fan when they did the mod..it's really quiet now

I believe only 2 or 3 people in this thread actually described the gear they use that is hissing. Yet people are still arguing... Do we want to complain or solve the problem???

Back
Top Bottom