Why use Control Switches vs. Scenes

One way is to use Delay block 2 for the 'Lead' tone (CPU permitting?) And keep Delay block 1 linked to the IA switch.

So if you have a block tied to a control switch you lose the ability to also turn that block on and off with a separate switch? So if your
control switch turns on three effects including delay, you can’t have a separate switch that turns off the delay if you feel like it?

So if your
control switch turns on three effects including delay, you can’t have a separate switch that turns off the delay if you feel like it?
Nope. Modifiers have priority over any parameter that they are attached to.

I just usually stick with scenes for this reason. But I never do any tone improvising during shows.

Last edited:
If I were needing to make this work for a client, I could come up with some solutions. But the exact solution would depend on the preset, scenes, and specific needs.

Basically with control switches it's still possible for many players to get a "pedalboard" effect instead of remembering which scene does what... If you have 30 songs it may be complicated to have 2-8 scenes in each and actually remember which does what. Control switches give you the advantage of using the AX8 as a pedalboard with almost some BASIC scene functionality (changing the boost, drive etc) on the fly... And you can always make your control switch a particular footswitch like make your drive footswitch the bottom left always so you never get confused. See my point? BTW a smart player will use both scenes and control switches in unison.

Back
Top Bottom