Why use a stand alone interface?

I think you guys seam misunderstood the case.

The issue is in the recording play back after the record is being done, and not when playing.

I mean when i hear the playback recording the sound is not clear.

The issue is in the Axe Fx interface...as i said before i used many other units and noticed this issue only in the Axe Fx.

But as i said, i already solved the issue buy purchasing 11rack again.
The issue is that the sound you hear during playback is different from the sound you hear while you’re playing. In order to help you with that, we need to know what your setup is. That’s why we ask these questions

I just ran Output 1 and Phones to my Focusrite interface and recorded a riff. Then I switched to AXEFX2 USB as my interface and recorded the same riff.

All 3 sounded the same, or at least indistinguishable.

Its not that big difference, but the sound quality recorded in general is not good.

My friend is well known sound engineer worked with Bumble foot and Micheal Angelo Batio.

He did not accept the quality of the Axe Fx interface as well, so he used a seperate interface instead.

But thank you for your care, appreciated, i just solved the issue by going back to my comfortable zone.
Interesting. Particularly interesting is the fact that, when you go direct from the Axe-Fx to the DAW, you’re not using the Axe’s D/A conversion at all. But when you use a separate interface, you are using the Axe’s internal converters. That means you prefer the sound of the Axe-Fx’s converters.

And they’re good converters, too. The converters in Fractal gear are world-class. But when you go direct via USB, there’s no conversion at all. You’re getting a one-to-one digital copy of what’s coming out of the Axe. There’s no room for error here. That’s why we’re saying that something else is going on. And it’s why we’re asking these questions.

If you’re satisfied using the external interface, that’s all that matters.

Last edited:
Mate, names are not important here, what ever it is the issue is in the final recording quality from the Axe Fx iI.
Okay, I see there’s a disconnect between us. Rather than add to that, I’ll bow out and let others step in.

Going back to the recommendations thing, Focusrite's Scarlett is popular but IMO Motu now offers a better product in the M4, with better converters and shiny VUs. Sadly they don't have any larger models in that lineup as of yet.

Makes sense. As it is now, I have to unplug my speakers down the FM3 and plug them back into my laptop and sometimes adjust asio settings to get audio back. It’s a pain. With an interface, I stays plugged in full time, correct? The monitors get plugged into the interface or stay plugged into my pc? Sorry, still learning new methods.
I just got an FM3 and use Reaper. When I use asio4all driver and can use all my FM3 i/o and my Mbox I/o.

No plug and un plug, can still do reamping. I came from 12-13 yrs of axefxultra. Which is still a beast, and sounds amazing.

I am almost regretting not buying the Axefx 3 mkii.

So look into your Daw settings for multiple interfaces.
I like having my reference speakers into a seperate interface.

Back
Top Bottom