Why there is something, rather then nothing?

Whatever that something is, it is conditioned and becomes nothing when the conditions are not there

When there is this, that is.
With the arising of this, that arises.
When this is not, neither is that.
With the cessation of this, that ceases.

Perhaps something and nothing both exist simultaneously, bound together in a synchronous dance, until they are measured or observed.

The basic building blocks of elements have an inherit spin/flip and corresponding magnetic field that can be induced with a frequency.... a sound if you will.

May your sound be inspiring and creative. And our interactions be positive.

To answer this question you must deal with the perception of yourself as something separate from the universe. However you ARE intrinsically a part of the universe. Therefore...

1) The meaning of life is to experience motion.

2) Without time, we "know" absolutely nothing. (by implication, see #1)

3) With time, we know even less than nothing.

Then, god is another name for craving, grasping and clinging 🤠
Haha! As you probably know some posit that the "gods" are the clingiest, cravingest, graspingest sons of guns that
ever was. None power-trip like the "gods" power-trip. :)

Dancing or playing also has a root on sensual craving and boredom :D

Yeah, I am not that absolute on that. Then again I tend not to be absolute on
many things. I don't trust my capacity enough to make such hardline determinations. :)

My experience tells me that exuberance can exist without craving or boredom---or those
other inherently toxic states that some propose are the roots of ALL forms of sentient life.

Again, what do "I" know, though. Most of what "I" express was just inherited and adopted
from someone and somewhere else. :)

There is no nothing. Even the vacuum of space isn't a total absence of something.

The smells of space

In order for something to smell like something, there has to be something for the nerve endings of the 1st cranial (olfactory) nerve to chemically interact with in order to transmit a sensation of smell to the brain to interpret.
Thats right - nothing is just a difference between existences in space and time.

The smells of space

In order for something to smell like something, there has to be something for the nerve endings of the 1st cranial (olfactory) nerve to chemically interact with in order to transmit a sensation of smell to the brain to interpret.
God, being the joker he is, introduced humor to Adam by telling him "Pull my finger."

And there we are. :)

There is only something right here. Most of the rest of the universe is mostly nothing. So just think of it as clumps of something.

And that, right there, makes absolutely no sense to me, and is something I expect will eventually be challenged and proven wrong. Otherwise, the theories that we’re living in a cosmic Petri dish lab experiment suddenly make sense.
This universe in that form didn't exist, but it didn't come from nothing.
Like when a cell splits, the second cell didn't exist before, but it did not come from nothing.
Or like a faucet, the water pours from a single point ... from your point of view, and it looks like there was no water before. It started with a big bang when it opened.

The absence of light is dark. The absence heat is cold. We have as many names for nothing as we have for something, even though nothing is all the same thing? When something flows to where it doesn't exist energy is created and nothing becomes something. What if it's not the universe expanding and all matter all ready existed there, but energy is expanding from a single point, waking the matter up?

If we see the same amount of universe in every direction observed, and all of that universe is expanding away from us beyond the speed of light... are we the center of the universe? What if there is no other life out there, would that mean there is some super special something going on here?

Back
Top Bottom