Why The World Needs Mark Day

Vede

In 2010, I purchased a new AxeFX Ultra because of Mark Day's videos, and my favorite patches were slight variations on the ones he'd created and posted to AxeChange.

In early 2013, I purchased a new AxeFX II because of Mark Day's videos, and again, all of my favorite patches were slight variations on the ones he'd created.

In April 2013, Firmware 10 was released and effectively boned Mark Day's AxeFX II patches (at least for me as a power amp and cab player), specifically his buit-in HBE patch, his Photograph patch, and his Hurricane solo patch.

THESE WERE MY FAVORITE PATCHES AND I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO REBUILD THEM!!!

Dear Mark, if you read this and you find yourself with a few minutes to spare, would you mind adapting or recreating your AxeFX II patches for Firmware 10? :)

The Periphery patches are great, but what I need - nay, what the WORLD needs - are your patches. Your patches are more important than any "celebrity" patches could ever be because, with some tweaks, your tone is my tone, and in firmware 10, OUR tone has been obliterated! Please fix/tweak/rebuild your patches and save the day!

Many thanks in advance,

-Greg

Last edited:
The HBE and the H75 cab are all Mark ever uses.

Since you already have his effects settings in the V9 patches, and they haven't been updated in v10, then you only have to adjust the HBE amp model. Certainly doesn't seem difficult to me.

Copy all the effects from the previous patches & then adjust the v10 HBE to your taste.

The HBE and the H75 cab are all Mark ever uses.

Since you already have his effects settings in the V9 patches, and they haven't been updated in v10, then you only have to adjust the HBE amp model. Certainly doesn't seem difficult to me.

Copy all the effects from the previous patches & then adjust the v10 HBE to your taste.

Should be easy in theory, but I don't have a firm grasp of advanced parameters and how they interact. So far, getting my v9 tone back isn't as simple as adjusting the basic amp settings.

As I said before, Mark is the perfect 80's guitar hero ambassador on this forum. It's funny because his tone has not really change from Utra to II, and from different firmwares. It's all in the fingers as they say!! Still, I'd like to hear some of the other Hi gain models played by Mark. A hotrod Marshalls round up would be awesome. Keep them comming Mark!!

Back
Top Bottom