Why the resale price difference AX8 vs Axe Fx II?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Both in stock but AX8 is selling used at more than you can buy it at Fractal and Axe FX II's are losing their ass on resale? Doesn't make sense

AX8 is out of stock around the world, and very much in demand in foreign markets.
Axe-Fx II is on close-out, so people are panicking and selling them for less than they are worth. That price will rebound.

AX8 is out of stock around the world, and very much in demand in foreign markets.
Axe-Fx II is on close-out, so people are panicking and selling them for less than they are worth. That price will rebound.
The AX8 is not out of stock.

Last edited:
Not to mention that the Axe III is the looming shadow that hangs over the Axe II reselling. I reckon there are a lot of people who think that 'yeah, I might get me a used Axe II now, or.........., I wait and save up to get something even better instead.' The only competition the AX-8 has is Helix and GT-1000. And they're not better.

He said "around the world"... Not US.

Also, I suspect as a Fractal employee, he would know better than you ;)
Did not state he did not know better. Just that the product was in stock. So you all are saying the Axe Fx II is available worldwide and the AX8 is out of stock? Sounds funny as one is new old stock and the other is still in production??

It's been a cool journey to watch this company grow to an international enterprise.

World class product + world class management + world class service = global success.

It’s the basic formula for success but difficult to achieve. I have been using Fractal Audio exclusively for almost 9 years. Still have my Axe FX. It sounds better now than when I bought it thanks to the awesome FAS updates and support.

As a guitarist who cares very much about tone, even older FAS gear is highly addictive and desirable. Just my $0.02.

And then, there is also a thriving grey market and the ongoing demand in places where we DON'T have dealers.

You've played the III compared to the II, its a no brainer, the III just sounds better

The Ax8 still has the form factor advantage going for it so there is a reason to want/use one, but if your going to be going with a rack mounted product, the II just doesn't make much sense with the III, unless the III is way out of budget.

Don't get me wrong, the II is still a cool sounding product, and lots of people are still enjoying theirs, but in light of the ultra powerful III for more money, and the form factor and still great sound of the Ax8, the II just doesn't make sense for a lot of people, and as a result, the demand/price is down.

It's been a cool journey to watch this company grow to an international enterprise.

Yes that is amazing isn't it. Been a beautiful journey musically..............The Standard back in 09 changed it all for me.

right there with the grey mirrors...............

It helps that you can't undercut the pricing too. I feel like other companies that have big distribution take a resale hit because you can get 10-20% discounts and that's kind of expected to be reflected in the used price as well.

Who knows...with the thread of tariffs rising, maybe used prices will keep going up...

You've played the III compared to the II, its a no brainer, the III just sounds better

The Ax8 still has the form factor advantage going for it so there is a reason to want/use one, but if your going to be going with a rack mounted product, the II just doesn't make much sense with the III, unless the III is way out of budget.

Don't get me wrong, the II is still a cool sounding product, and lots of people are still enjoying theirs, but in light of the ultra powerful III for more money, and the form factor and still great sound of the Ax8, the II just doesn't make sense for a lot of people, and as a result, the demand/price is down.

Most people cannot afford the III, so that difference is meaningless to them. Hell, I could not afford any version of the Axe for at least 8 years. I reckon there are people for whom a used Standard is already a huge upgrade over their Line 6 gear. To them the best thing the Axe III represents to that it now finally puts the II into their budget range. Sometimes I don't think people here understand how expensive the Axe is to a great many people. They talk about immediately upgrading from the II to the III, getting expensive powered FRFR cabs and wedges like its nothing. Its not nothing, its a huge investment. The Axe was out of my budget for at least 8 years. I could only afford one after getting a job, and then a better paying job and selling a lot of gear and other creative accounting for half a year. This is why I take issue with Fractal refusing to sell the Axe to us Europeans directly and forcing us to buy through G66. Who are great people and offer excellent service, but with last year's black friday sale and even the highway robbery service that gets called customs I would still be hundreds of euros better off buying from Fractal directly. I ended up buying a used II from Evilbay instead. I find it extremely customer unfriendly and almost a giving its European customers the finger. They're lucky that their product really is worth the investment and their free firmware upgrades make up for a lot. I can't say anything but good things about that and their product. It really is worth saving up for.

Back
Top Bottom