Why playing solos live is hard: Reason #34

Genius. And he kept his eyes on her face and not her lowcut, double points for that.

At least she wrote her demand for Mustang Sally on paper. :D

Happens more than you'd think. People walk up and try to get your attention, start talking and seem annoyed if you don't give them your full attention. Totally oblivious that you are kind of busy actually playing the music they are drunk-dancing to.

At least she wrote her demand for Mustang Sally on paper. :D

When we first started out and were doing the whole Showcase thing fifteen years ago, every band - and I mean EVERY BAND - at the showcases played Mustang Sally. It drove us so mad that we made a pact there and then to never play it... and have managed to uphold that pact to this day (just!
laughing.gif
)

Had an example similar to your other point at the weekend Robbo. Just started a song and a random female wonders on to the stage and asks the drummer if she could have a go on the drums... like yeah, go on then, we'll stop mid-song, ignore everyone else in the venue and pander to your request
rolleyes.gif

Same gig - the Best Man sidled up and asked if we could make him look good? "Er, sorry..?" came my reply. "You know, give me a guitar and make out I'm playing or something so I look really good..." Some people...
shrug.gif

Genius. And he kept his eyes on her face and not her lowcut, double points for that.

Low cut double points... hmmmm

I had to do away with wearing IEMs because I was wearing out my inner ears taking them out and putting them back 20 times a night to talk with people. I tried all sorts of inline mics and such, but it was just a lost cause. I will say that I had a pro football cheerleader do a nice dance about a foot in front of me at a recent gig, and I maintained an amazing level of focus. I think I also played a solo of some sort.

Good job, s_a

Who here has had a woman stand in front of them the entire guitar solo with a sticky note stuck to her face? She was cracking me up.

What was on the note? Her song request. It fell to the floor and I was ignoring it because everyone was partying and she wanted Dave Mason "we just disagree". Typical...

Song ended, but she wasn't done: "Put your guitar right here..." ha ha ha

The sticky note had the tab to the solo. The only explanation for not looking at the rest of her.. *ahem* assets.

Who here has had a woman stand in front of them the entire guitar solo with a sticky note stuck to her face? She was cracking me up.

What was on the note? Her song request. It fell to the floor and I was ignoring it because everyone was partying and she wanted Dave Mason "we just disagree". Typical...

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.

when that happens to me the note usually says "STOP ! ! ! !"

so I start singing
"all that I have, is all that you've given me....."

then the next note says "no dumbass... STOP FER FK SAKE, JUST STOP ! ! ! "

I don't don't know that song.. can't find it anywhere...

when that happens to me the note usually says "STOP ! ! ! !"

so I start singing
"all that I have, is all that you've given me....."

then the next note says "no dumbass... STOP FER FK SAKE, JUST STOP ! ! ! "

I don't don't know that song.. can't find it anywhere...

Mad as a box of frogs
laughing.gif

thumbsup.gif

I thought the legal drinking age was 21?!? How old we're those people? Like 4?

Oooh!!! Picture time!!! LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom