Why not much love for the EVM12L?

I've got an old Boogie halfback 4x12 with the EVs in the bottom. I love the cab live. Wallop for days.

Sitting around jamming, I never use it. But I wont sell it either.

I had a 100 watt Boogie Mk. IIB with an EVM12L in’it. It was fricken gorgeous sounding and heavy as h-e-double-toothpicks.
That sounds like my kind of amp. I love Mesa tone, and I bet that sounded HUGE. I've never had anything but Celestions in Boogie cabs and combos, so they are really heavy the way it is. Like all my 25 year old strength to lift onto a truck bed.

At least you had a sure-fire anti-theft device pre-installed on that amp.

That sounds like my kind of amp. I love Mesa tone, and I bet that sounded HUGE. I've never had anything but Celestions in Boogie cabs and combos, so they are really heavy the way it is. Like all my 25 year old strength to lift onto a truck bed.

At least you had a sure-fire anti-theft device pre-installed on that amp.
It could get really loud, even with just the single 12”. I plugged it into a 4x12 Marshall cab once, switched to 100 watts and it scared me. It was stupid loud. But jeez would it sing, and with the cream Tolex it was pretty.

But, honestly, I prefer my much lighter and less powerful combos, and my Fractals and FRFR cabs.

Back
Top Bottom