Why no 'Global Blocks" ? Technical limitations or something else ? PLEASE PLEASE

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hi all,
I have a FM3 and the only reason why I would buy the FM9 would be if it had "Global Blocks".....it is the only thing what I miss since the AXE III and NO , I won't go back because the AXE III Overkill and Form factor of the FM3 is something I love and don't need more buttons and CPU and stuff.....BUT Global Blocks....man , that would make life so much more easier when programming lots of presets for different acts and things....

What makes it that the much more powerful FM9 does not have Global Blocks ???

Anyone ??? Thanks a lot....!!!

I've never owned an AFX3, but this may be a substitute in the FM3/9.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...s#Substitute_for_Global_Blocks_on_FM3_and_FM9
Checked it out and to copy paste 1 parameter through any number of presets , is still lots of job when working with tons of presets for your gigs…… I loved it for example that I could go for example to a gig and tried out a new amp and could instantly use it in all of my presets with Global Blocks with the AXEIII.

I have read that the FM9 has “BLOCKS” which can be copy pasted through presets…… this option is also a no go for the FM3 ?

I have read that the FM9 has “BLOCKS” which can be copy pasted through presets…… this option is also a no go for the FM3 ?

Yes, you can cut and paste blocks from one preset to another in FM3 edit. You can also save blocks in a library that can be recalled in a preset.

To me, global blocks would be the most useful if you are making changes on the fly at a gig and you want those changes saved across multiple presets. At home, it would be convent, but not a big deal to copy and paste or use the block library. I don't know of any way to cut and paste on the hardware at a gig, but I'm not an expert using the hardware for editing.

Last edited:
Yes, you can cut and paste blocks from one preset to another in FM3 edit. You can also save blocks in a library that can be recalled in a preset.

To me, global blocks would be the most useful if you are making changes on the fly at a gig and you want those changes saved across multiple presets. At home, it would be convent, but not a big deal to copy and paste or use the block library. I don't know of any way to cut and paste on the hardware at a gig, but I'm not an expert using the hardware for editing.
I know that we can copy past blocks from 1 preset to another….. but in the ‘wrong’ FM9 wiki , it was talking about copy and pasting 1 block in multiple selected presets……saves time .

Back
Top Bottom