Why no Fender Tweeds?

Gamedojo

Power User
I think the "supertweed" is supposed to be the tweed, but since the Tweed Deluxe is arguably the most recorded amp ever made, I'm rather surprised its not an option. Not to mention the other amps like a tweed champ, or Harvard. Or how about a high powered Tweed Twin? Low power Tweed Twin? These are pretty important amps in the world of guitar.

i mean...how many super high gain amp models does the Axe really need? High Gain models take up almost 2/3rd of the entire AMP options.

+100000 I'm a low gain kind of guy. Most of the songs I play are no where close to heavy metal. Even though I like heavy metal, I prefer Fender Tweed type sounds with over drives in front of them. I make do with Clean Marshalls with tube screamers in front.

I'm a new guy who would also love to see this. Maybe the coolest thing is that Cliff listens! And produces, very quickly IMO. Maybe he's just waiting for all of you guys to recover from the last firmware upgrade.

More low-gain amps would be awesome, though I'm already having trouble deciding which ones I like best now!

+1

But you need to be specific about "which" tweeds you are talkin' bout :)

I think the best way to talk about Fender models is by the circuit and year.

For example, the Fender's already in there are good examples of a specific circuit that is not everyone's cup of tea.

They are accurate to the amps they are modeled from, but there have been "that doesn't sound like a Fender and I've played Fender's all my life..." threads about it.

Here is a good online reference...

The Fender Amp Field Guide

And I would like to vote, again, for the 5E3 Tweed Deluxe :) Also known as the "Narrow Panel" Deluxe. Iconic to us old farts :)

Richard

Me as well. High gained to death....add more clean and low gain if anything. More effects too. It's perfect as is....but I certainly do not want or need another high gain monster.

+1

But you need to be specific about "which" tweeds you are talkin' bout :)

I think the best way to talk about Fender models is by the circuit and year.
This all the way.

And I would like to vote, again, for the 5E3 Tweed Deluxe Also known as the "Narrow Panel" Deluxe. Iconic to us old farts
And yea, a 5e3 would be awesome. What's that? 1954 or 1955? Thereabouts for sure. I should have sold Cliff my Mission Amps 5e3 -- that thing was gloriously good.

Back
Top Bottom