Why most of the people use Fractal Bot to upload single presets?

Marco Fanton

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I really don’t understand why most of the people who by my presets use Fractal Bot to save and install single presets
Using editor import and export is more efficient!
You can install and export fasbundle presets and you can install presets from different device.
In example you can install FM3 or FM9 presets into AXE FX3

Ha - I didn’t even know you could!
Thanks
Pauly

I really don’t understand why most of the people who by my presets use Fractal Bot to save and install single presets
You can install and export fasbundle presets and you can install presets from different device.

One possibility is the warning that says something like "have a backup because data can be corrupted" when using either the preset or cab manager. Fractal Bot doesn't have a warning like that, so some like me feel it's safer. I use preset manager when I want to reorder or swap presets. I use cab manager when I upload York Audio cabs. I use fractal bot to upload presets and the occasional cabs.

Just because people are feel fine in their confort zone and doesn't want to explore: it's the same with factory preset and preset made by someone else. I have to admit that I used factory preset in every unit I buy to understand the unit BUT then I start making my own. I love to experiment and FAS unit are the best for this (the only limit is the sky... mm no the CPU... but it's so far away🤣 🤣 ).

I use Manage Presets in AxeEdit to import presets via drag and drop to the grey leftmost browser window, then copy to whatever empty slot(s) I want to use. Same process with Cabs using Manage Cabs.

I use Import only to import *.bundle files as it gives me a selection option to place the bundled preset and cab to default, or pick each location. Also, I believe it's the only way to bring *.bundle files into AxeFx III.

Maybe using FractalBot was the reliable means prior to additional function and ability in Axe Edit, so it's habit for some? I'm pretty new to this platform so Axe Edit seems to do it all except backups or firmware/bank flashing, but I could understand "If it aint broke don't fix it" mentality for long timers on the platform.

Being someone who is more experienced in guitar oriented gear verses files and computers is mainly the reason I do as little as possible, call me lazy but that's my reality. I spend 99% of my time enjoying playing the guitar thru my fractal rig and 1% exploring files. It's not female oriented so there is no bitching about balance. It sounds so good and is so fun to play, obviously I am missing out on the file experience, however my ears and hands are 100% satisfied!

Actually... i just click and drag the file into axe edit and it does it all for me... No need for fractal bot or anything else.

Dunno. Only use Bot for FW updates and backups.

Back
Top Bottom