Why Kemper users should come over to the Axe III.

rrhoads17

Inspired
As we all know, in order to get the Kemper to sound good, you really need to get the Top Jimi or Big Hairy Guitar profiles as they are the best IMO. I tone matched some Top Jimi and Big Hairy profiles using the same or similar amps models as the profiles, and they sound pretty much identical. Just a tip for people who are stuck on the Kemper and want to keep it for certain profiles. You can easily convert those sounds to the Fractal and get way better effects to boot! And if you want to "profile" your amp, just tone match it in the Axe Fx using corresponding amp model! The tone match block is a very powerful and underrated part of the Axe FX.

Care to share some of those presets with the tone match ? Never owned a kemper and want to hear what it sounds like through my rig.

Sharing tone matches of commercial profiles might be prohibited... or not, I don't know. Just a cautionary tale.
How is it a cautionary tale then if you don’t know?

So op is suggesting profiling the kemper preset or is there a conversion process? Confused what op is suggesting.

Because any sharing of commercial content is banned in the forum, whether or not it includes tone matching a Kemper profile I don't know the official word on it, but it should be common sense.

There's no "conversion" process, OP is suggesting selecting the same or similar amp to that on the Profile and run the Tone Matching block to get the IR and EQ curve of the Profile.

Because any sharing of commercial content is banned in the forum, whether or not it includes tone matching a Kemper profile I don't know the official word on it, but it should be common sense.

There's no "conversion" process, OP is suggesting selecting the same or similar amp to that on the Profile and run the Tone Matching block to get the IR and EQ curve of the Profile.
Correct, you can simply take the isolated audio file of the profile and tone match it. If you are a Kemper user simply because you like certain profiles, you can easily tone match those sounds in the Fractal.

As we all know, in order to get the Kemper to sound good, you really need to get the Top Jimi or Big Hairy Guitar profiles as they are the best IMO. I tone matched some Top Jimi and Big Hairy profiles using the same or similar amps models as the profiles, and they sound pretty much identical. Just a tip for people who are stuck on the Kemper and want to keep it for certain profiles. You can easily convert those sounds to the Fractal and get way better effects to boot! And if you want to "profile" your amp, just tone match it in the Axe Fx using corresponding amp model! The tone match block is a very powerful and underrated part of the Axe FX.

As we all know... Profiles of our own amps sound the best. Profiles of the III sound pretty good too. ;)

These posts are almost like the ones religious people share about their “path to truth, their mighty god and prohet...." on social media after their god sends them a message and tells them to make his commercial on intagram etc :) Ok ok, this is not as bad but still makes no sense to me.

I have been extremely happy with my FM3 and AX3, but a powered KPA into a Kemper Kab (or two ) is a thing of beauty as well.

132296948_4148593838490696_6444377725557852311_n.jpg

These posts are almost like the ones religious people share about their “path to truth, their mighty god and prohet...." on social media after their god sends them a message and tells them to make his commercial on intagram etc :) Ok ok, this is not as bad but still makes no sense to me.
So you thought you might twist a thread on competitors amps into some kind of justification to insult those that believe in God? Very classy.

Last edited:
I formerly owned a Kemper, Line6, an AF2 XL+, and a crazy number of tube amps. I sold the three, and my boutique pedals. I bought my AF3, and kept the vintage amps and vintage pedal originals.

The other day, I went back and listened to some live-show recordings, compared to recent stuff. Kemper and Line6 sounded like pedals, lacking dynamics. The XL+ never had a chance, as I bought it two months before the III was announced. I absolutely love the III, and I would never forsake my amps. I wouldn’t call it a religious connection. But this stuff sounds heavenly.

Back
Top Bottom