Why Isn't Reverb and X/Y Block

Tonemaster

Inspired
Am I the only one wondering this? I not sure why Wah is included in this and Reverb isn't. Probably would not use a 2nd instance of Wah settings but already do multiple Verbs a lot.

Cliff, if it's not too late, please add!!

Probably would not use a 2nd instance of Wah settings but already do multiple Verbs a lot.

I'd be quite the opposite myself. But I don't use reverbs that often, and when I do, I'm not picky.

Wah, OTOH, is one of my top 3 FX. Delay, Pitch, & Wah, are my go to FX, so I'd be all over an X/Y for those.

To each his own, I guess.

It is now definitely in there. The Cab block is now X/Y too.

Awesome. Thought this would`nt work, because of loading parameters / IRs from a perhaps different memory ... so, my wish for the MEGA-Patch (4 switchable AMP/CABs + Mega Pedalboard) seems to be coming true :)

Referring to the answer of Java -> http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...technical-questions-thread-94.html#post496297 -> NOW, the one CAB can be saved without disadvantage .... Yiiipieeeeee ;-)

+1

Another great X/Y applicaton is to accommodate for different guitars.
Some users have multiple sets of the same presets to suit different guitars.
Being able to X/Y amps makes it much easier to maintain a single set of presets and use X/Y when switching guitars.

Now being to X/Y cabs too, makes it even better to have multifunctional presets.

Last edited:
I'm just looking forward to replicating my old Road King and big stomp and rack effects rig with even more flexibility. Before there was never enough DSP or blocks to replicate it.

Am I the only one wondering this? I not sure why Wah is included in this and Reverb isn't. Probably would not use a 2nd instance of Wah settings but already do multiple Verbs a lot.

Cliff, if it's not too late, please add!!

Multiple verbs? Many of us use none at all and you're stacking them? :D

Multiple verbs? Many of us use none at all and you're stacking them? :D
I like to have a "special effects" type of verb in many of my patches in addition to one for standard use. So, I don't stack them but do like the versatility of calling up another instance for extra ambiance and effect stuff.

How do reverb/delay tails work with X/Y?

It immediately changes. If you were on a really long verb and switch to a short, the tail immediately goes to the new length.

Just think about what it is doing. It is NOT 2 instances of the effect. It is 2 different settings of the same effect. It is like turning the knob manually (all at once) to all new settings.

Back
Top Bottom