Why isn't axechange integrated in axe-edit?

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
Pretty specific title says it all. I downloaded Positive Grid which have a pretty neat layout regarding patches, comments etc. and I thought of why axe-edit don't offer a seemless access to our uploaded patches? :)

Jakob

And, how do you like it? I went to the website, and I'll be honest that I was not very impressed with any of the tones I heard.

I ask because I'm looking for something like this... as a practice tool. My AXE sits in my band's studio, and I don't haul it back and forth. I practice and transcribe songs (brace yourself...) in headphones using an ancient Line 6 Guitar Port and Gearbox. Seriously, it's like 11 or 12 years old, and I use it in a 9 year old PC! It works GREAT for my purpose. I can play You Tube vids of new music, or itunes, or Transcribe (software), use Sonar, whatever at 3 in the morning, and in headphones Gearbox sounds fine. My only issue is that PC is not portable, and Gearbox is no longer supported. I want an iPhone/Ipad solution now, or something for my Mac. L6 has new stuff out, and I was going to get it since I know it works well. I was curious about Bias. It doesn't sound any better than my old Gearbox from what I heard on their website.

We're working on that.
Awesome! That will be a fantastic feature addition. I just can't say it enough : the dedicated to customer support at Fractal is a beautiful thing. I'm always happy to demo my AxeFX system for other musicians, and after they've had their minds blown by the amazing versatility and tone, I tell them "their customer service is the icing on the cake!". A big tip of the fez to you guys.

And, how do you like it? I went to the website, and I'll be honest that I was not very impressed with any of the tones I heard.

I ask because I'm looking for something like this... as a practice tool. My AXE sits in my band's studio, and I don't haul it back and forth. I practice and transcribe songs (brace yourself...) in headphones using an ancient Line 6 Guitar Port and Gearbox. Seriously, it's like 11 or 12 years old, and I use it in a 9 year old PC! It works GREAT for my purpose. I can play You Tube vids of new music, or itunes, or Transcribe (software), use Sonar, whatever at 3 in the morning, and in headphones Gearbox sounds fine. My only issue is that PC is not portable, and Gearbox is no longer supported. I want an iPhone/Ipad solution now, or something for my Mac. L6 has new stuff out, and I was going to get it since I know it works well. I was curious about Bias. It doesn't sound any better than my old Gearbox from what I heard on their website.

I don't like the tones I'm getting out of Positive Grid. Maybe I'm not experienced enough with the program

This is what I'm afraid of. Will there be a way to NOT have to see uploads to AC?
He is only referring to Axe presets. There is no cross compatibility with Positive Grid that I have heard of. Don't even see how there could be. I think he was just referencing their interface - unless I seriously missed something.

Right. I'm talking about the same problem except for FAS... I don't want to be swamped with presets made on other guitars through different playback systems.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awesome! That will be a fantastic feature addition. I just can't say it enough : the dedicated to customer support at Fractal is a beautiful thing. I'm always happy to demo my AxeFX system for other musicians, and after they've had their minds blown by the amazing versatility and tone, I tell them "their customer service is the icing on the cake!". A big tip of the fez to you guys.

Sneak peek, perhaps:

https://www.facebook.com/fractalaudio/videos/10154266626624517/

So I'm guessing you can upload to Axechange directly from AxeEdit now also? That'll hopefully mean a lot more people upload patches. There aren't a lot of recent ones up there :(

I think its gonna help debug a lot to . How many times do you see someone with an issue and FAS team ask for the preset . This will be simple and much faster

I've been using axechange so rare lately cause it was quite inconvenient to check some presets. I hope and I think this will change a lot :) Thank you again Team Fractal!

Hmm, I've used Axe-Change and found some useful presets there but the problem is that it's difficult to see what's good and what's bad there, and there are certainly tons of useless patches. Since it isn't moderated in any way, it's hard to expect that quality will be maintained. The worst thing there is that nobody seems to care to rate any of the presets, so user feedback doesn't work there either. Also, there are very few presets that are made for current firmware versions. And on the other hand, people who make great presets tend to post them here on the forum rather than upload to Axe-Change for some reason.

I guess this makes the way it's going to be implemented quite crucial. Ease of uploading may lead to people posting more crap there. If whatever is preventing those who make great presets from uploading them to AC isn't eliminated, it risks to never reach the usefulness level it deserves.

Hopefully, this can be overcome somehow. Hope the implementation will make auditioning easy. And I think it should nag users to leave feedback. And maybe provide some links for donations (maybe this is why people prefer posting forum links to uploading to AC, I don't know).

Back
Top Bottom