why is there a limit for blocks...why not 3 pitch blocks or 3 amp or whatever

There is no “low” resolution. Nothing about the Axe is low. Don’t let words fool your ears. Normal res if anything, but people tend to find a difference only if they search for one explicitly.

That's why the wording in the manual is ''high'' and " normal" resolution:

Each Axe-Fx II preset can use two fully independent Amp blocks. Presets that use a single amp block run in high resolution, providing the utmost in fidelity and resistance to aliasing. This mode is automatic and is selected whenever there is only one amp block in the layout grid. Adding a second amp block will revert both to normal resolution (in which the modeling is still of extremely high quality.)

Just wanna put in my two cents. Why would we ever need more than two amps running at the same time? I think people are making patches complicated just for the sake you can. When you can get the same result using less, and probably saving yourself CPU. And now in my case I only have ever had a use to use one amp model at a time. Two I can understand if you wanna build a sound combining different aspects of two amps. But three or hell with the four the helix can do whats the point. I think sometimes we all can benefit from being modest, and sometimes simplistic is much better. But as I said my opinon, maybe because i've never had a need it just seems ridiculous. Also I think the same goes for effects its just overkill. But I am open to hearing why people would use that many amps, or effects.

Old thread I know but:

On my AXE FXII and MFC-101 I use a single patch and scene for a big clean chorused delayed sound, then expression pedal down to a grinding crunch with reverb, perfect blend from one to the other. I can only do this with 2 amp blocks, impossible with X/Y switching on the AX8

Unless someone can tell me how???
Yes, you can. Check out @clarky 's threads on morphing.

so what do u do if you need some psychedelic effects and need 3 pitch blocks in a row ?
Neat. What would you be doing that something like Crystals in the MDLY wouldn't cover here?

It's always nice to have a box that does anything you can imagine, but that kind of power would be also be unimaginably expensive.

Neat. What would you be doing that something like Crystals in the MDLY wouldn't cover here?

It's always nice to have a box that does anything you can imagine, but that kind of power would be also be unimaginably expensive.

...i think your predelay is set too high in your MDLY Crystals block...almost 5 years :)

I would like to see 4 istances for drive block... drive is the key in many excelent guitar tone...
4 simultaneous drives? I want to hear that song :)

At a push could you use a compressor/volume block like a clean boost? or the second amp block as a preamp? or the effects loops?

4 simultaneous drives? I want to hear that song :)

At a push could you use a compressor/volume block like a clean boost? or the second amp block as a preamp? or the effects loops?
I have AX8, so one amp block at a time. A volume to boost a digital effect has no... effect, on the overdrive! (If it has an overdrive, like delay, there is little reason to use an external drive). I do like parallel modulation/time based effect... add a drive before a reverb, and another drive before a chorus... while I have two TS9 driving a bassman... I like that kind of sound. I can approximate the final result tweaking the bassman to have more drive in the advanced setting... but it takes a lot of knowledge, time, and work. Drive blocks are faster, more autentich and much intuitive.

Back
Top Bottom