Why is scene 2 volume boosted so much?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
The is a 4cm pre set and I thought the Controller/scene butte was boosting the volume for scene 2 but as I back it down it does nothing to reduce the volume.
I do need a bit of a boost but not much. Can anyone tell me why it is boosted and how I can adjust it down, Thanks!

Attachments

• 4CM JAKE Knaggs.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
It can only be the Outout section where the Scenes are -which has a page with sliders as well as the 1st page the has a dial for the scene values
OR,...The other section is the 'Controllers' drop down with the scenes button.
Is it both, one or the other more effective???

Just went through your preset, keep in mind I'm not running 4 cable so I had to ditch the loop and put in a amp and cab block, for testing.
As far as setting volume per scene's, yes clicking on the output and going to the sliders for each scene is probably the best method.
I did have a slight bump in volume when I went to scene 2. However ! when I went to the output and zeroed everything out the volume remained consistent going from scene 1 to 2.
It's possible that whatever amp your using (I'm going to assume it's switching to a different channel) and that channel needs to be turned down.
Does the volume remain boosted when you switch to scene 2 OR does it spike out for a second or so and then calm down. If it spikes and calms down is it a Mesa JP2C by any chance?

Another suggestion you could try put a filter block in right after the effects loop, have it engage on scene 2. Just use the level control to knock down the signal a bit like -6db. Basically try to level it out a little bit. But still use the output sliders for more detail per scene.\

My guess if I have it right the problem is with the amps settings.

John

Back
Top Bottom